COMMON FEATURES OF PRE, POST AND MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
* 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girl students.
* Students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
* Not more than 2 students from the family.
* Scholarship allocation to States/UTs on the basis of population of minorities.
* The scheme is implemented through the State Govt./UT Administration.
* Can avail scholarship from not more than one source.
Scheme of Merit cum means based scholarship to students belonging to minority communities.
Objective The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Scope These scholarships are available for studies in India only and will be awarded through an Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration for this purpose.
Post-Matric Scholarships for Students belonging to the Minority Communities
Background - The Prime Ministers New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June, 2006.It provides that a postmatric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
Objective - The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
Reference Website : http://www.momascholarship.gov.in (OR) http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/scholarship
Best Wishes From ScholarshipsInIndia.Com
MOMA Scholarship, Merit cum means based scholarship, Post-Matric Scholarships to minority communities In India