The following Post Graduate and Research Programmes are offered by the Institute beginning July/ August 2007
Admission Notice: 2007-08 (All candidates should qualify at the Entrance Test)
Programmes and Eligibility:
Hyderabad Campus (Regular Mode)
01. MA English (2 yrs) with specialization in Teaching English as a second Language (TESL)/ Media & Communication/ Linguistics/English Literature/Literary & Cultural Studies.
02. MA (2 yrs) in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)/Linguistics/English Literature/Literary & Cultural Studies.
Graduation in any discipline.
Entrance Test is common for all the Programmes under 01 & 02. Pleas make only one application for MA.
03. PG Diploma in Teaching of English (1 Yr)
School of Language Sciences:
04. M. Phil in English (Linguistics & Phonetics) (1 yr)
05. M. Phil in Linguistics/Phonetics/Applied Linguistics (1 yr)
06. Ph. D in English (Linguistics & Phonetics) (3 yrs)
07. Ph. D in Linguistics/phonetics/Applied Linguistics (3 yrs)
MA in Linguistics/Phonetics/Applied Linguistics OR MA in English with specialization in Linguistics/ Phonetics/ Applied Linguistics. In all the above, a minimum of 55% OR a GPA of 3.00 without Grade ‘E’.
School of English Language Education:
08. M. Phil in English Language Education (1 yr): (i) MA TESL/MA English (TESL)/MA English with at least one course in the area of ELT (with 55% or as per CIEFL grading systems norms) OR (ii) A pass in semester 1 of PGDTE (or an equivalent) with GPA of 3.00 without an E grade.
09. Ph. D in English Language Education (3 years): Same as above 08
10. Ph. D in English Language Education (part-time): Same as above 08 AND M. Phil (ELT) from CIEFL OR equivalent qualification with 2 years of teaching experience.
School of Critical Humanities:
11. M Phil in English Literature (1 yr):
MA in English with a high second class (55% minimum). However, in exceptional cases candidates from allied subjects in Humanities/ Social Sciences with an MA (with a high second class or 55% minimum) may also be considered provided they have the necessary proficiency in English.
12. Ph. D in English Literature (3 yrs): Same as for 11 above.
13. Post Graduate Diploma in Translation Studies (1 yr): (English ? Telugu), Graduate/ Post Graduate degree from a recognized University and an excellent command of English & Telugu)
School of Distance Education:
14. Ph. D in English (Linguistics and Phonetics/ English Language Education/ English Literature) (4 yrs. Minimum)
M. Phil in English OR completion of M. Phil (English) (CIEFL) course work with a GPA of 3.00
School of Foreign Languages:
15. MA (Regular Mode) in Arabic/French/Russian/German (2 yrs):
Bachelor’s degree in the language concerned as an elective subject or as a second language OR Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and language proficiency in the foreign language concerned, equivalent to at least diploma level (two years of language learning)
16. MA (Distance Mode) in German/ Russian (3 yrs):
Eligibility: Same as for 15 above.
17. E-Masters Programme in French:
Eligibility: Same as for 15 above.
18. Post Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of Russian/ German (1 yr):
MA in the language concerned with at least a II Class or Grade C average.
19. Post Graduate diploma in Teaching of Russian/ Arabic/ German (1 yr):
MA in the language concerned (in case of Arabic MOL) with at least a II Class or Grade C average.
20. M. Phil (Regular mode) Arabic/French/Russian/ German (1 yr):
(i) MA in the language concerned (in case of Arabic MOL) with a high second class (55%) or grade B average OR (ii) MA in the language concerned (in case of Arabic MOL) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching the language concerned at a recognized Institution.
21. M. Phil (Distance Mode) Russian (20 Months):
Eligibility: Same as for above 20.
22. Ph. D in Arabic/French/Russian/German (3 yrs) (Regular mode) & Russian (Distance Mode):
(i) MA in the language concerned (incase of Arabic MOL) with a first class or grade A average OR (ii) MA in the language concerned (in case or Arabic MOL) with at least a second class or grade B average and PGCT/DT with at least an overall grade C or (iii) M. Litt/ M. Phil or an equivalent qualification in the language concerned. OR (iv) MA in the language concerned (in case of Arabic MOL) and a minimum of 7 years’ experience teaching the language concerned at any recognized Institution.
CIEFL Lucknow Campus:
23. MA English (2 yrs):
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline
24. Post Graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English (PGDTE) (1 yr):
MA in English, second class OR an equivalent qualification with 55%; relaxable for sponsored teachers.
25. M. Phil in English (Linguistics & Phonetics) (1 yr)
(i) MA in English with at least II Divn. AND (ii) PGCTE or semester I of PGDTE with a GPA of 3.00
CIEFL North East Campus, Shillong:
26. PGDTE (1yr):
Eligibility: Same as for 24.
27. Diploma in Mass Communication (1 yr):
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline
28. M. Phil in ELT/English Literature (1 yrs):
MA in English with 55% marks; relaxable for sponsored teachers.
29. Ph. D in ELT/English Literature (3 yrs):
MA in English/ Linguistic with 55% marks.
30. B. Ed (English) Self Financing Course:
Duration: August ‘07 – April ‘08
B.A with English as an optional subject or M.A in English with a minimum of 50% marks at the qualifying examination. Candidates selected for admission should produce the results of the qualifying examination on the day of admission. No provisional admission will be given.
No. of Seats: 75 (Seventy Five)
How to Apply:
The application form, and the prospectus, and the entrance test design can be had from the Publications, CIEFL, Hyderabad – 500 007, for a fee of Rs.500/- payable in the form of a demand draft (DD) drawn in favour of the “Programme Coordinator, B. Ed (English), CIEFL”. Cash will not be accepted.
Reservations (SC, ST, Wards of Defence Personnel, Physically Challenged, Kashmiri Migrants, Children of Gulf Indian Workers) and fee concessions as per GOI & UGC guidelines. Appropriate measures are being taken for OBC category candidates seeking admission to our programmes. Application forms can be had by post from Publications, CIEFL, Hyderabad – 500 007 on payment of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST Physically Challenged) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, CIEFL, payable at Hyderabad, or on cash payment at the Institute. Write on the envelope “Request for Application” specifying the Programme. The Application Forms, Admit Pass and Model Papers can also be downloaded from the CIEFL website www.ciefl.ac.in. A DD for Rs.500/- should be enclosed with such forms. Candidates applying for more than one programme can obtain additional forms by paying an extra amount of Rs.50/- for each form. Full time students are permitted to take up part-time courses in foreign language at CIEFL leading to diploma. For programmes in Lucknow (0522 – 2616073) and Shillong (0364 – 2550038) campuses contact respective campus directors.
Last Date for sale and receipt of Applications: 25 May, 2007
Dates of Entrance Examinations B. Ed: 10 June, 2007 – 10.00 a.m.
MA English & Foreign Languages: 10 June, 2007 – 2.00 p.m.
Post Graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English (PGDTE): 10 June, 2007 – 2.00 p.m.
M. Phil & Ph. D:
Linguistics & Phonetics (L&P): 10.6.2007 (2.00 p.m.)
Literature: 10.6.2007 (10.00 a.m.)
English Language Education: 10.6.2007 (2.00 p.m.)
Short-listed candidates will have to attend interviews at Hyderabad on 26.6.2007
The dates of Entrance Tests for the Lucknow (22-07-2007) and Shillong campus will be announced by the respective Campus Directors.
Entrance Test Centres for all the Programmes:
Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Shillong
Hostel accommodation is subject to availability. More details can be found in the prospectus.
Best Wishes From ScholarshipsInIndia.Com