Invitation for Nominations / Applications for CDRI AWARDS for Excellence in Drug Research
Instituted by the CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow – 226 031
Preamble: CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow has instituted CDRI Awards in
the year 2004 to recognize scientific excellence in the country in the area of Drug
Research and Development.
* These awards are given annually to the Indian Nationals of below 45 years who
have carried out outstanding research work in the area having direct bearing on
Drug Research and Development.
* There are two separate individual awards each for the area of Chemical
Sciences and Life Sciences.
* Each award carries a Cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- and a Citation.
* The awardees are expected to deliver an Award Oration on the cited work on the
day of Award Felicitation Ceremony, usually held as a part of CSIR Foundation
Day Celebrations at CSIR-CDRI.
* TA/DA for to-and-fro journey by the awardees for participation in the Award
Felicitation ceremony will be taken care by the CSIR-CDRI as per the prevailing
Travelling Allowance Rules of Government of India.
* Promoting excellence and recognising outstanding contributions to the Drug
Research made by the scientists for their work done in India
* Scientists / researchers who are engaged in basic and applied research in the
area having direct bearing on drug research and development and have made
outstanding contributions with potential for application / product and technology
* Age should bebelow45 years, as reckoned on 17Februaryof the year of award.
* Must be a citizen of India
* The research work for which nomination/application is made must have been
carried out in India.
* Head of the Institutions / Organizations / Universities / Industries, Bhatnagar
Awardees, Fellows of National Science Academiescan nominate the most
deserving scientists / researchers who are engaged in basic and applied
research in the area having direct bearing on drug research and development
and have made outstanding contributions with potential for application / product
and technology development.
* Eligible Candidates can also directly submit the application.
* Word file of proforma for Nomination/application can be downloaded from
* Information regarding Nomination / application should be sent as per the
prescribed proforma (a softcopy in PDF format and a Hard copy).
* Complete information as per enclosed proforma along with requisite enclosures
must reach the address given in the proforma by 09February 2018.
* The committee comprising of eminent scientists scrutinize the
nominations/applications and select the CDRI Awardees.
Nomination/Application (in Hard Copy) must include the following information
1. Completely filled up Nomination/Application Proforma duly signed by the nominator/applicant
2. A brief description of the work (approx. 2000 words) carried out by nominee/applicant having
direct bearing on drug research and development highlighting its implication/ impact on the area
of drug research
3. A certificate from the Institutional head certifying that the research work submitted for the award
has been undertaken in India
4. Brief bio-data of the nominee/applicant
5. Reprints of selected 5 best publications of the nominee/applicant
6. A complete list of publications of the nominee/applicant
7. Any other information to support the nomination
In the CDRI Award Felicitation Ceremony, Awardees are expected to deliver a lecture on the cited work.
CSIR-CDRI will take care of the local hospitality and reimburse the entitled class fare for to & fro journey
to the awardees as per the prevailing Travelling Allowance Rules of Government of India
Complete information along with the requisite enclosures must reach the following
address by 9February 2018 for consideration
Dr.Sanjay Batra, Medicinal and Process Chemistry Division, CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute,
Sector 10, Jankipuram Extension, Sitapur Road, Lucknow – 226 031
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 0522 2772450 xtn. 4727; Mob: +91 9450906193; Fax: 0522 2771941
For more information please refer Award Publisher website