IIT Roorkee - Research Awards 2017
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION AWARDS FOR THE YEAR 2017
IIT Roorkee invites nominations/self nominations for the following Technology and Innovation Awards for the year 2017
* Khosla National Award
* A.S. Arya - IITR Disaster Prevention Award
* Prof. A.S. Arya Young Earthquake Engineer Award
* Shamsher Prakash Technology Award
* V. N. M. M. Award
* Mahesh Varma Technology Innovation Award
* Gopal Ranjan Technology Award
* S.R. Mehra Memorial Award
Nominations are also invited from ASEAN countries for all the above awards except Khosla National Award and VNMM Award
1.KHOSLA NATIONAL AWARD
Khosla National Award of Rs. 1,25,000/- is given annually to an eminent Engineer/Scientist/Technologist from various disciplines for lifetime achievements irrespective of their association with IIT Roorkee. The award will also include a citation and a gold medal. The award will be open to Indian Nationals only, for original research work and/or application to real life problems for the work done in India.
2. A.S. ARYA- IITR DISASTER PREVENTION AWARD
The award is made for outstanding contribution in the area of Disaster Prevention / Mitigation. The term disaster shall include all types of Natural Disasters, Earthquakes, Cyclones, Floods, Land Slides, Forest Fires and Snow Avalanche. The Annual Award consists of cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/-, gold medal and citation. It may be awarded to one person or may be shared by two persons if more than one outstanding nominations are there in the judgment of the committee.
* The award is open to citizens of India, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh and will be given on the work done in one or more of these countries.
* He/She shall have distinguished himself/herself through outstanding work and internationally recognized action, going beyond the scope of his/her normal functions in one or more of the following: -
* The implementation at national or regional level, of activities designed to strengthen people's awareness of natural disasters.
* The launching of scientific activities contributing to technological innovation facilitating disaster prediction.
* The launching of scientific activities contributing to the strengthening disaster prevention and preparedness.
* The promotion of activities which reduce the economic impact of disasters and which contribute to sustainable developments.
* Other activities integrating disaster prevention and preparedness into development planning.
* The award may be given to an individual or a group of individuals for outstanding joint effort in the above areas.
3. PROF. A.S. ARYA YOUNG EARTHQUAKE ENGINEER AWARD
Prof. A.S. Arya Young Earthquake Engineer Award of Rs. 50,000/-, citation and silver medal is given to an eminent engineer younger than 35 years on June 30, 2017 and having a Masters Degree in Earthquake Engineering/Structural Dynamics/Soil Dynamics. The research work submitted for consideration should either be the thesis for Master or Ph.D. degree or one or more research papers published in refereed journals of repute.
4. SHAMSHER PRAKASH TECHNOLOGY AWARD
The Annual Award is made for outstanding work in the field of Geotechnical and/or Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. It consists of cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/-, citation and silver medal is open to a renowned young Indian Engineer, Scientist or Researcher who has not completed 45 years of age as on June 30, 2017. The award will be primarily based on the research work done in the past five calendar years.
5. V. N. M. M. AWARD
The Annual Award of Rs. 1,00,000/-, citation and silver medal is given to an eminent Engineer for Innovative and Creative Work with patent in the field of Engineering in India in any discipline to Indian National for the work done in India.
6. MAHESH VARMA TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AWARD
Mahesh Varma Technology Innovation Award of Rs. 50,000/-, citation and silver medal is given annually for Outstanding contribution made by a young Engineer, Technologist of Indian Nationality or an Indian Organization through original research in the field of innovation in Construction Technology and/or Construction Project Management/ Management of Technology, characterized by Theoretical Work or Applied Research done in India during the five years preceding the year of award.
7.GOPAL RANJAN TECHNOLOGY AWARD
Gopal Ranjan Technology Award of Rs. 1,00,000/-, citation and silver medal will be given to a deserving person on the basis of his/her 'Creative Work' in the fields of Soil Characteristics/Foundation Engineering/ Ground Improvement / Soil Structure Interaction/Engineering Geology/Underground Structures/Rock Mechanics /Subsurface including Marine structure in India. The award shall be available to Indian National or alumni of IIT Roorkee (or its predecessor University of Roorkee) of any nationality.
8. S.R. MEHRA MEMORIAL AWARD
Prof S.R. Mehra Memorial Award of the value of Rs. 50,000/- for research in Transportation Engg/ Soil Mechanics. This award is made once in every two years for outstanding contributions made by an Indian engineer, Technologist or scientist through original research in the field of transportation Engg./Soil Mechanics categorized by Theoretical work or applied research done in Indian during the five years preceding the year of award.
Nominations are invited for all the above Awards from any of the following authorities in the proforma available at Institute website:-
1. Director and Ex-Directors, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
2. Ex-Vice Chancellors of the erstwhile University of Roorkee.
3. Presidents of National Scientific and Engineering Academics & Societies.
4. Vice Chancellors of Universities, Deans of Faculties of Science, Engineering & Technology, Principals of Engineering Colleges / School of Architecture & Planning.
5. Directors and Deans of Faculties of IITs/ Institutes/ Deemed Universities/ BARC.
6. Secretaries of Departments, Ministries dealing with Science and Technology.
7. Directors of National Research Laboratories.
Self Nomination will also be accepted.
Details and more information may be obtained from :-
Dy. Registrar (Academics)
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee - 247 667 (India)
Ph:(01332) 285098;285200 Fax (01332) 273560
E-mail : email@example.com Website : http://www.iitr.ac.in
Note : Please visit the Institute website http://www.iitr.ac.in for detailed information concerning awards and
THE LAST DATE FOR RECEIVING NOMINATION/SELF NOMINATION IS MARCH 31, 2017.
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : IIT Roorkee - Research Awards
IIT Roorkee - Research Awards