Geo Genius National Geography Olympiad
Last date for registration is 31st October, 2017. Exam date is 8th December, 2017.
Why study Geography?
* Studying geography can provide an individual with a holistic understanding of our planet and its systems.
* Those who study geography are better prepared to understand topics impacting our planet such as climate change, global warming, desertification, El Nino, water resource issues, among others.
* With their understanding of political geography, those who study geography are well-positioned to comprehend and explain global political issues that occur between countries, cultures, cities and their hinterlands, and between regions within countries.
* With instant global communications and media coverage of geopolitical hotspots around the world on twentyfour hour news channels and on the Internet, the world might seem like it has gotten smaller. Yet centuries-old conflict and strife remain despite huge technological developments over the past few decades.
Why Geography Olympiads?
* There is a great demand for Geographers in our country and abroad. Students learning this subject have an excellent career scope. In USA, Australia and many other countries Geography Olympiad is conducted every year, but here in India we do not have such kind of exam conducted at school level to promote Geography. Concerned about this widespread lack of Geography knowledge, GEO-GENIUS organized Geography Olympiad to reintroduce this subject.
* Qualified and experienced members of GEO-GENIUS took an initiative to investigate the geography knowledge of students of India. If was surprising that many students could not even locate India on a blank map of the world and Delhi on the blank map of India. Worse were the students between 18 years to 24 years. This result is obvious. Geography has taken a back seat to other subjects in the class room for many years. Concerned about this widespread lack of geographic knowledge, GEO-GENIUS organized Geography Olympiad to revive the interest in the subject among the students.
The GEO-GENIUS organized its First National Level Geography Olympiad in 2010-11 and since then every year. The Olympiad is open to students of class 2 to 4 (sub-junior category), 5 to 7 (junior category), and 8 to 10 (senior category) and is conducted in two steps. Children initially participate at their respective schools. Gold, Silver, Bronze medals and merit certificates are awarded to the winners and a certificate of participation is given to all the participants. Students selected on the basis of cut off marks are invited for National Finals. Top three rankers of each category are awarded with Laptop, Digital Cameras and Wrist Watches. Society strives to acknowledge the efforts of all the National Finalists by awarding a Trophy and Certificate.
Our endeavor will surely be successful and together we can make it true. We are looking forward towards a healthy participation from your school.
* Students of State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board and International Boards. Standard II to X only.
* Schools should register at least 50 students overall from all standards to be able to enroll for this competition.
EXAM DATE & VENUE:
* Level 1 - Last date for registration is 31st October, 2017. Exam date is 8th December, 2017. Venue: School itself.
* Level 2 - (National Finals for selected toppers only) - April, 2018. Venue: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The level 2 date and venue may change at the discretion of GEO-GENIUS.
* Competition is made up of multiple choice questions, testing Geographical knowledge and skills. The Olympiad will be conducted every year in two steps.
* Level 1 - First, children participate in various Schools held at their respective School location throughout the country on 8th December, 2017. This will be a written exam with multiple choice questions.
* Level 2 - Top 50 Participants in each category with high scores from Level 1, will be invited to Mumbai for the National Finals (Level 2) to be held in April, 2018.
* This will be a written exam with multiple choice questions followed by an audio visual round. Students have to clear the written exam round to qualify for the audio visual round.
* Top 10 Participants in each category with high scores from this written exam will be qualified for the audio visual round.
Please note that a student/parent/teacher has to bear all the expenses of travel for National Final (Level 2) on their own.
* All students appearing for the Level 1 exam will be rewarded with a participation certificate.
* Rank 1, 2 & 3 at the school level under each category will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively and Merit certificate.
* Students selected for National Finals (Level 2) will be rewarded with the National Finalist trophy. Rank 1, 2 and 3 will be rewarded with Laptop, Digital Camera and Wrist Watch respectively.
* Participating schools will be rewarded with the School Participation trophy.
* School Coordinators and Principal will be rewarded with a Certificate of appreciation.
* Exam Fees Rs. 140 per student.
* Preparatory Text Book (not compulsory but strongly recommended) Rs. 110.
MODE OF REMITTANCE:
DD payable in favor of "GEO-GENIUS" payable at Mumbai, Maharashtra HONORARIUM TO SCHOOLS:
* Schools can conduct the Level 1 exam in their own premises on the scheduled date and are entitled to honorarium of Rs. 20 per student towards invigilation charges, postage and other charges.
Mobile: 9967319624 / 8446590294
Website: www.geogeniusindia.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDRESS: GEO-GENIUS, c/o Priyanka Vishal Bagaria, Shop No 1, Anand Shopping Center, Gaushala Lane, Near Diamond Market, Malad (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400097
Mrs. Priyanka Vishal Bagaria - (National Coordinator) - Mobile: 9967319624/8446590294. Email: email@example.com Cultivating Academic Excellence in Geography
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Geo Genius National Geography Olympiad
Geo Genius National Geography Olympiad