Frequently Asked Questions -FAQ – Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
1. Whether the candidate has to select “scholarship” or “incentive” in the type of scholarship for applying under the scheme?
The candidate has to opt for “incentive” to be able to apply under the scheme.
2. Whether a girl child with a brother in the family is eligible to be considered under the scheme for award of scholarship.
No, only single girl child are eligible to apply under the scheme. However twin/ fraternal daughters are eligible
to apply under this scheme.
3. Whether a candidate who was within 30 years of age during admission to PG course but has crossed this limit at
the time of application be eligible to be considered.
Yes. The candidate applying under the scheme can apply if she is below 30 years of age as on the last date of
4. Can a single girl child pursuing post graduation through distance mode apply under the scheme?
5. After selection, is the awardee entitled for hostel fee reimbursement/ HRA or medical expenses?
No. The awardee is only entitled for scholarship amount. No HRA/contingency/hostel fee or medical expenses are admissible.
6. Are the awardees eligible for waiver of tuition fee or its reimbursement?
No. Tuition fee reimbursement is not permitted. However, it is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
7. Can students of second year post graduation apply under the scheme?
No. The candidates who are pursuing first year postgraduate courses only can apply under the scheme.
8. Can the awardee avail of any other scholarship scheme during the tenure of this award?
Yes. This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme as this is an incentive.