Frequently Asked Questions FAQ – Post-Graduate Scholarship For University Rank Holders (Ist and IInd RANK HOLDERS)
1. Whether the candidate has to select “scholarship” or “incentive” in the type of scholarship for applying under the scheme?
The candidate has to opt for “incentive” to be able to apply under the scheme
2. Are all first and second rank holders at undergraduate level eligible for applying under the scheme?
The First and Second Rank holders at undergraduate level and who are admitted in any Postgraduate Course would be awarded the scholarship in application . The students will have to submit the proof of their merit position at undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses.
2. Is there a minimum percentage of marks for applying under the scheme?
Yes. The candidates applying under the scheme should have secured at least 60% of marks at undergraduate level to be eligible to apply under the scheme.
3. Are only students enrolled in Universities eligible to apply under the scheme?
The first and second rank holders (Not position holders) would be considered from Universities/ Institutions and non-affiliated/ autonomous colleges according to the number of students who have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level as per following table.
|Nature of Institution||Number of students who appeared in examination at undergraduate level|
|Affiliating Universities (State/ Central)||100|
|Deemed Universities/ Private Universities / Autonomous Colleges / Non-affiliated colleges||25|
4. Are candidates holding positions in Universities at undergraduate level eligible to apply under the scheme?
No. Only those candidates who are first or second rank holders in the university are eligible to apply.
5. Can a candidate pursuing post graduation through distance mode apply under the scheme?
6. Are awardees entitled for hostel fee reimbursement, contingency, HRA or medical expenses?
No. Contingency, HRA, hostel fee reimbursement or medical expenses are not admissible under the scheme.
7. Can the awardee avail of any other scholarship scheme during the tenure of this award?