Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
IshanUday special scholarship for NER
1) Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
2) Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme.
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.
3) Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate alongwith the online application form.
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
4) Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply
5) Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply
6) Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No. The scheme is applicable for students of first year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply :-
7) Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will however draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
8) Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
Yes. However, the awardee will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first degree programme.
9) Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
Yes. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS,BDS, B.Arch, BTech etc.)
10)IS there a difference is amount of scholarship payable to the awardees? How will payments be regulated?
Yes. There are two amounts of scholarship payable to the awardees? Rs.5400/- p.m. for general degree courses viz. BA,BSc.,BCom,.BMS,BBA etc. and Rs.7800/- p.m. for other courses viz.technical, professional, medical, paramedical courses etc. The amount of scholarship payable will be determined according to the verification provided by the
institution at the time of applying.
11)Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.
12)Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?
No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or term end examinations of the course.
13)Will the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship.
No these categories of students will not be considered for award of scholarship.
14)Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship.
15)Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?
No. Students can only apply online on the NPS(https://scholarships.gov.in) during a particular time period as displayed on the website.