Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Scholarship applicants are kindly requested to read the FAQs and Application Guidelines before submitting their applications.
* What does the scholarship Award funding cover?
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year. Kindly refer to the disbursement tab under the Application Guidelines for more details .
* I have been accepted into a two year program, am I eligible to apply ?
The Scholarship Award covers up to one year of Master’s level studies or equivalent. If possible, please provide proof that you have funding to cover your second year of studies.
* I am waiting for my letter of acceptance, can I still apply?
No. This is a mandatory requirement for all applicants.
* I am one year younger/older than the eligibility requirement of being between the ages of 23-32 at the time of application. Do you make exceptions?
To ensure fairness and transparency, we are unable to make exceptions to this requirement. Applications that fall outside of the age requirement are automatically disqualified.
* I am from [country], which is a developing country, but is not included on your list of eligible countries. Does this make me ineligible to apply?
Yes. Some of the more advanced developing countries are excluded from our eligible country list. Please also bear in mind that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela ) are ineligible to apply.
* I need to accept my place at the university by [date]. Can I find out if I have been awarded the scholarship before the application closing date?
To ensure fair and equitable consideration of each application, we do not make the final selection of the award winners until after the closing date of April 14, 2019. The names of the winners will be announced on our website and via our social media pages on Twitter and Facebook by June 2019.
* Is an English proficiency score required to apply? What is the minimum requirement?
There is no minimum requirement of English proficiency to apply for the Scholarship Award. However, applicants must fill out their applications and write their application essays in English.
* After submitting my scholarship application, I received an acceptance letter from another (my preferred) university. Can I change my application?
Once you have submitted your application, it cannot be changed. While you are welcome to email your new acceptance letter to the Scholarship Board at email@example.com, we cannot guarantee that your new acceptance letter will be considered amongst your application materials.
* I already submitted my application. However, my university has just sent me my updated transcript. Even though the submission deadline has passed, may I still submit my new transcript?
Once the deadline has passed, the scholarship portal is closed and we will no longer accept any additional documentation.
* I do not have a passport /my passport has expired; what other forms of identification are accepted?
Those without a valid passport should provide any official document with your date of birth and nationality. This includes a certified birth certificate, student ID from your present university or national ID card.
* How can I confirm if my application has been successfully submitted?
After submitting your application you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you don’t receive the confirmation, please check your Spam folder.
* Can I call to inquire about the status of my application?
We are unable to provide this information owing to the large volume of applications received. As long as you receive an automated email confirmation after submitting your application and it falls within the guidelines of our eligibility requirements, rest assured your application will be given full consideration.
* Who should I contact if I experience technical difficulties/error messages when submit my application? If the issue appears to stem from our application portal and not from your browser or internet provider, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a message via our Facebook page. We will ensure your request is looked into immediately.
* As I forgot my password I went back into the scholarship portal to reset it. But I never received an email directing me to a link to change it. What should I do?
First, check your Spam folder. If you still haven’t received a password reset email, please email us at email@example.com and we will look into the matter.
* How do I submit my recommendation letter(s)?
As with all of the other required documents, your two recommendation letters should be submitted at the time of application. If your present university/employer wants to send their recommendation letters directly to OFID, they may do so via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as long as they ensure that your name is included in the subject line of the email. Kindly ensure that recommendations are sent to OFID by the April 14th deadline.
Our postal address is:
OFID Scholarship Award Application Board
For Current FAQs please refer Official Website