Felix Scholarships : Deadline: 31 January 2013
Up to six Felix Scholarships will be available to Indian students with first class degrees to pursue graduate studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees at the international rate and provides around ?12,316 for living expenses.
Any full-time Taught Masters or MPhil/PhD programme
* Part-time programmes are not eligible.
* Must be Indian citizens and not currently be living or studying outside of India and must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
* Must be under 30 years of age on 31 January 2013.
* Demonstrate financial need.
* Possess at least a first-class honours degree from a university or comparable institution. For those applying for an MPhil/PhD, they must also possess a good Masters degree from a university or comparable institution.
* Candidates who already hold a degree from a university outside their country are not eligible to apply.
* Open to applicants paying fees at the Overseas rate only
* Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
* Candidates must have submitted an application for admission by the scholarship application deadline.
* Candidates will be assessed on academic merit. Felix Trustees will also take into consideration financial need.
* Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place early March.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Applications must be received no later than 17:00 GMT on 31 January 2013.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results Shortlisting In April, the Scholarships Office will notify those who have been shortlisted by the SOAS Panel. Shortlisted applications will be put forward to Felix Selection Committee for final consideration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in India between April and June 2013.
A Felix Scholarship application form is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from
Scholarships Officer Registry SOAS Thornhaugh Street Russell Square London WC1H 0XG Email: email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
Felix Scholarships : Felix Scholarship Trust offers upto 6 scholarships each for Indian graduates at University of Oxford , University of Reading & School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) every year.
For more details visit :www.soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships/felix-scholarships.html (or)www.ox.ac.uk ( Or)www.reading.ac.uk/business/