JAWAHARLAL NEHRU MEMORIAL FUND – JAWAHARLAL NEHRU SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES – Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships 2018
A. CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following two categories of students:
(1) Indian Nationals
(2) Nationals of other Asian countries
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
1. Indian History and Civilization
3. Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
7. Ecology & Environment
At the time of submission of the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
2. already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
3. not be above 35 years of age,
4. be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
Up to 2 years
1. Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee Rs. 18,000 per month
2. Contingent expenses for study tours within
India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. Rs. 15,000 per annum
1. An advertisement is released towards the end of March every year and completed application forms together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011 on or before 31 May.
2. The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview any time during November/December.
4. The Scholarship will commence from January every year.
The following documents should be securely attached seriatim to the Application Form:
(1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
(2) A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
(3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/ recommendations.
(4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
(5) Ph.D registration certificate.
Incomplete and unsigned application forms are liable to be rejected.
The Application Form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships can be downloaded from the website. The amount of Rs.100 is to be paid by Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi and should be sent along with the completed application form to reach the Fund office on or before 31 May.
For more details please refer the Scholarship Publisher Website