Visva-Bharati Santiniketan Admissions 2009-2010
VISVA-BHARATI SANTINIKETAN 731 235
Visva-Bharati Santiniketan-Admissions 2009-2010
Visva-Bharati Santiniketan Admission Notification 2009-2010
Applications on prescribed form are invited for admission to the following courses of the University for the academic session 2009-2010.
VIDYA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES)
* Two year MA Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Persian; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Japanese; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass Communication.
* Two year MA Course in Functional Hindi (Translation).
* Two year M.Phil. Courses in AIHC&A, Economics, English, History and Oriya.
* Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi: Oriya; Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali; Mathematics.
* Four year B A(Honours) Courses in Persian (Preparatory); Tibetan (Preparatory): Chinese; Japanese (Preparatory).
* Three year B.A. Course in Functional Hindi (Vocational).
SIKSHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE)
* Two year M.Sc. Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Environmental Science; Computer Science.
* Three year B.Sc.(Honours) Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Computer Science.
SANGIT-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF MUSIC. DANCE & DRAMA)
* Two year M.Mus. Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindustani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindustani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/ Esraj flabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
* Three year B.Mus. (Hons.) Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindustani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindustani Classical Music : Instrumental (Sitar/Esrajfiabla/Pakhawaj); Kathakali Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts.
KALA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS)
* Two year M.Fine Arts (MFA)/ Advanced Diploma Courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for M.FA).
* Four year B.Fine Arts (Honours) (B.F.A)/ Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for B.F.A.(Hons.)].
* Two year Certificate Course in Design.
* Bridge Course (leading to M.FA) in History of Art Course (three year [one year Bridge course + two year regular course]) for students from other than Fine Arts discipline.
* One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art.
PALUSIKSHA BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURE)
* Two year M.Sc.(Ag.) Courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture.
* Four year B.Sc. (Ag.) Honours Course.
PALLI SAMGATHANA VIBHAGA (INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION)
* Two year M.A. / M.Sc. Course in Anthropology
* Two year M.A. Course in Rural Development
* Two year M.S.W. Course
* Three year B.S.W. (Honours) Course
VINAYA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION)
* Two year MA In Education.
* Three year B.A./ B. Sc. (Honours.) in Physical Education.
* One Year 8. P.Ed.
* Details of each course, eligibility criteria etc. are available in the admission kits (Information Brochure and Application Form) from the designated branches of United Bank of India listed below and in the University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
* There will be an all-India Admission Test for all B.A. (Honours) and Preparatory courses (except for three years Honours courses in Santali, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian under Vidya-Bhavana), all B.Sc. (Honours) courses under Siksha-Bhavana and the B.Sc.(Ag.) Honours course under Palli-Siksha Bhavana at centres in the following cities; Santiniketan, Koikaia, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Shillong, Hyderabad, Nagpur, New Delhi. The test will be held on Sunday, June 21, 2009 at the above cities/towns. The locations of the test centres will be available in the Admit Card which is to be downloaded from the University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
* Admission Tests for all other courses will be held at Santiniketan.
* Reservation of seats:- In each course, admission of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Handicapped candidates will be governed as per rules of the Government of India
* Application Fee:- Rs.200/- for general/unreserved and OBC candidates, and Rs.70/- for SC and ST candidates.
* How to apply: (i) In person: Prescribed application form and Information Brochure (admission kits) may be obtained in person from the under-mentioned designated branches of the 'United Bank of India' (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee. Designated Branches of UBI for issue of Application Forms and Information Brochure: WEST BENGAL:- Kolkata - (1) Old Court House Street, (2) Shyambazar, (3) Gariahat, (4) Behala. (5) Bidhannagar (Salt Lake City), (6) Burdwan. (7) Durgapur (City Centre), (8) Asansol, (9) Maldah, (10) Cooch Behar, (11) Jalpaiguri, (12) Darjeeling, (l3)'Siligun, (14) Raiganj, (15) Balurghat, (16) Berhampur, (17) Suri, (18) Bolpur Bhubandanga, (19) Rampurhat, (20) Bankura, (21) Purulia, (22) Raghunathpur, (23) Medinipur, (24) Contai, (25) Jhargram, (26) Tamluk, (27) Howrah, (28) Chinsurah, (29) Srirampore, (30) Krishnanagar, (31) Barasat, (32) Barrackpore, (33) Baruipur, (34) Diamond Harbour, (35) BIHAR: Patna, (36) JHARKHAND: Ranchi, (37) ORISSA: Bhubaneswar, (38) SIKKIM: Gangtok, (39)ASSAM
*: Guwahati, (40) TRIPURA: Agartala, (41) MANIPUR: Imphal, (42) NAGAIAND: Kohima, (43) ARUNACHAL PRADESH: Itanagar, (44) MEGHALAYA: Shillong, (45) NEW DELHI: Connaught Circus, JAMMU & KASHMIR: (46) Snnagar, (47) Jammu. (48) PUNJAB. HARIYANA. CHANDIGARH: Chandigarh, (49) HIMACHAL PRADESH: Simla, (50) UTTARANCHAL: Dehradun, (51) UTTAR PRADESH: Lucknow, (52) RAJASTHAN: Jaipur, (53) GUJARAT: Ahmedabad. (54) MAHARASHTRA: Pune, (55) QQ&. Panaji, (56) MADHYA PRADESH: Bhopal, (57) CHHATT1SGARH: Raipur, (58) KERALA: Trivandrum, (59) TAMIL NADU: Madras. (60) ANDHRA PRADESH: Hyderabad, (61) KARNATAKA: Bangalore, (62) PQNDICHERRY: Pondicherry. (63) ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLAND: Port Blair (Junglkjhat). (II) Website:- Application forms, details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information may aiso be downloaded from the university website - www.visva-bharati.ac.in The application fee in this case may be paid during the submission of the form by a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of 'Visva-Bharati, Saniketan1 and payable at 'State Bank of India, Santiniketan Branch (Code 2121)'. Prospective candidates are advised to visit our website at regular intervals for updates.
* Submission of application forms: Candidates willing to apply for more than one course/ stream are advised to go through the Information Brochure carefully. Instructions for filling up the form and other details are given in the Information Brochure. Completed application forms may be submitted to the designated office personally or by post within the stipulated deadline.
* Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. Rights of cancellation or selection/ admission lie with the Admission Committee of the Institute concerned. The University reserves the right to limit the number of eligible applicants to be called for admission test. All matters of dispute shall be taken under the jurisdiction of Calcutta High Court.
* Issuance of application kits from the branches of UBI: May 12,2009 to June 05, 2009.
* Deadline for submission of application forms: June 05, 2009.
* Visva-Bharati remains closed on Tuesdays afternoon and Wednesdays (Weekly)
Visva-Bharati Santiniketan Admissions 2009-2010