S.N.Bose Scholars Program
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to support a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States. The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 - 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey BoseEinstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters' degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
* Health Insurance
The program is envisaged to:
* provide an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
* encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
* pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
* build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
* Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters' degree in Atmospheric and earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences are eligible to apply.PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
* Applications in subject - fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
* Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2019 are eligible to apply.
* Applications are accepted through nominations/endorsements only.
* The departments from each institute have been asked to nominate 2 of their beststudents from each discipline for the program.
* Two applications per stream, per department, per institute. For this purpose, for example, the usual two years Masters in physics and Integrated Masters in Physics may be counted as 2 different streams and 2 different applications.
* In case the top 2 nominated students do not wish to apply, your department may choose to endorse other two meritorious students.
Program Dates: May - July 2018
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2017
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : S. N. Bose Scholars Program
S. N. Bose Scholars Program