Armed Forces Medical College Pune Admission to MBBS Course 2009
1. Applications are invited for admission to the MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, commencing from 01 Aug 2009. Total 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. All the 105 boys and 25 girls admitted to Armed Forces Medical College, Pune have compulsory liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services on graduation. The type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and merit-cum-option at the final MBBS examination. The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve the Armed Forces Medical Services would be seven (7) years All candidates admitted to the college are required to execute a bond to this effect for an amount of Rs. 15 lacs (Rupees Fifteen lacs) at the time of joining the college. Students removed from service liability due to any reason will have to pay the bond money as per conditions laid down by Govt of India.
2. Ten seats are reserved for Scheduled Casie/Scheduied Tribe candidates who also have similar service liability and have to fulfil the requirements of medical fitness, age, educational qualification and qualifying the entrance examination as per details given in the prospectus.
3.SPECIAL CONCESSIONS : The Govt will provide free accommodation and entitled rations, subsidised messing, AC 3 Tier free railway warrant from college to home and back during vacations, a book subsidy of Rs. 12,000/- during entire training period, uniform allowance of Rs. 6000/- per student during first year and Rs. 1250/- per year as maintenance allowance in subsequent years and any other misc allowances as applicable.
4. All candidates should be medically fit as per laid down standards for the Armed Forces.
5. Only, unmarried candidates are eligible. Marriage during the course is not permitted. The college is fully residential both for boys and girls.
6. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Applicants must have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in FIRST ATTEMPT with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together, not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics at least of the matriculation standard. A graduate of B.Sc examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XII standard/Pre professional (Med) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above. NOTE (a) Candidates who are to appear in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) upto 02 May 2009 may also appear for the test provisionally, (b) The following categories of students are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply :- (i) Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science, Social studies in High School/Higher Secondary (Multi Purpose) or equivalent examination (ii) Candidates who have passed only Pre-University/Pre:Degree (one year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental Examination (iii) Candidates who have passed the Pre-Professional or equivalent qualifying examination as private candidates.
7. AGE LIMIT : Must have attained the age of 17 years on 31 December 2009 but must NOT have attained the age of 22 years on the date i.e. not born earlier than 01 January 1988 and not later than 31 December 1992, if the academic qualification of the candidate is 10+2 or equivalent A candidate who has passed B Sc. examination or will be appearing in final B Sc examination and seeks admission, he/she must not have attained the age of 24 years on 31 December 2009 i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1986.
8. METHOD OF SELECTION : Candidates will be required to appear in the competitive written test of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, intelligence, Logic, Reasoning, English Language and Comprehension on 03 May 2009 It will be held at the following cenlres in India :-AGRA, AHMEDNA.GAR. AHMEDAl-ALLAHABAD, AMBALA, AURANGABAD, BAGDOGRA, BANGALORE. BARE1LLY.BATH1NDA. BELGAUM, BilOPAL, CHANDIGARH , CHENNAI, JAIPUR, JALANDHAR, JAMMU, JHANS1, JODHPUR, K.AMPTEE, KANPUR. KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MEERUT, MHOW, MUMBAI, NASIRABAD, PATHANKOT, PORT BLAIR, PUNE, RAMGARH, RANCHI, SECUNDERABAD, SHILLONG, TEZPUR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, UDHAMPUR, VADODARA, VARANASI, VASCO-DA-GAMA,VISAKHAPATANAM AND YOL .
9. Candidates selected in the written test, will be called for interview at PUNE in the month of June 2009 No TA/DA would be admissible to the candidates either for written test, interview or at the time of reporting for admission.
10. HOW TO APPLY :
(a) Prospectus and application forms can be purchased for Rs. 250/- in cash at the General/Head/Central/Main Post Offices located at the undermentioned places from 22 Dec 2008 till stocks last or 28 January 2009 WHICHEVER IS EARLIER :- Agra Cantt HPO, Ahmedabad GPO, Ahmednagar HPO, Aizwal HPO, Allahabad HPO, Ambala Cantt HPO, Aurangabad HPO, Bagdogra PO, Bangalore GPO, Bareilly HPO, Bathinda HPO, Belgaum HPO, Berhampur HPO, Bhopal GPO, Bhubaneswar GPO, Chandigarh GPO, Chennai GPO, Coimbatore PO, Darbhanga HPO, Dehradun GPO, New Delhi (Gol Dakhkhana) GPO, Delhi (Kamla Nagar) PO. Delhi (Krishna Nagar) HPO, Delhi (Rohini) PO, Delhi (Lodhi Road) HPO, Delhi (Ramesh Nagar) HPO, Dharamsala HPO, Dharwad HPO, Emakulam HPO, Ferozpur HPO, Guwahati GPO, Gwalior HPO, Hyderabad GPO, Imphal HPO, Indore HPO, Itanagar HPO, Jabalpur HPO, Jaipur GPO, Jalandhar HPO, Jammu HPO, Jhansi HPO, Jodhpur HPO, Jorhal HPO, Kanpur HPO, Kolkata GPO, Kozhikode HPO, Lucknow GPO, Madurai HPO, Meerut HPO. Mumbai GPO, Nagpur'HPO, Pathankot HPnaji HPO, Patna GPO, Pondichery HPO, Port Blair HPO. Pune HPO, Raipur GPO, Rajkot HPO, Ramgarh Cantt HPO, Ranchi GPO, Sambalpur HPO, Shillong HPO, Shimla GPO, Siliguri HPO, Srinagar GPO, Surat HPO, Tezpur HPO, Tinsukia HPO, Tirucharapallai HPO, Thiruvananthapuram HPO, Udaipur HPO, Vadodara HPO, and Visakhapatanam HPO.
Note:- While purchasing prospectus from above IIPOs/GPOs candidates must ensure that they have received one copy of the Application Form also. Demand draft is NOT required to be sent alongwith these applications.
(b) Prospectus and application forms can also be obtained by post from OfTicer-in-Charge (Admission Cell), Armed Forces Medical College, Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 040 on payment of Rs 250/- per copy, only by Bank Draft on any nationalized bank payable at Pune in favour of Commandant, AFMC, Pune, along with full postal address of the candidate on two separate slips of paper (size 9 cms x 5 cms). Please ensure that the Demand Draft bears the code number of the issuing bank. The candidate must write his/her name & address on the back of the Demand Draft The candidate should enclose an application for obtaining prospectus and application form giving his/her particulars and address and enclose a self addressed envelope of I I" X 13" size and affix postage stamp of Rs. 55/-. Bank Drafts on any other banks other than nationalized banks. Money Orders. Cash or Postai Orders will not be accepted. Each request should be accompanied by a separate demand draft. Combined demand draft for more than one application will noto be accepted Request for prospectus to be sent by post will be accepted from 22 Dec 2008 to 19 Jan 2009 upto 4 pm only
(c) Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from www.afmc.nic.in from 22 Dec 2008 to 28 January 2009. Such forms, printed on A4 size glossy paper, duly completed in all respect alongwith a Crossed Demand Draft for a sum of Rs 250/- drawn in favour of Commandant AFMC, Pune on any nationalized bank payable at Pune be forwarded to AFMC Pune, so as to reach there not later than 05 Feb 2009 at 04 PM The candidate must write his/her name & address on the back ofthe Demand Draft
(d) COMPLETED FORMS MUSI REACH THE OFFICER-IN- CHARGE (ADMISSIONS CELL), ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE, PINK - 41! 040 BY 4 PM ON 05 FEBRUARY 2009.
11.Disputes, if any, will fall within the jurisdiction of Pune (Maharashtra)
Armed Forces Medical College Pune Admission to MBBS Course 2009