About Tech Champions of India
Hon’ble Prime Minister has exhorted India’s technology leaders to work for making this decade as ‘India’s Techade’. Technology leaders have played a major role in making India a leader in the field of Electronics and Information Technology. Today, globally India is regarded as an IT Superpower and our technology leaders have played a major role in helping India attain this status.
As India celebrates 75th years of Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, its time to remember and honour the ‘Tech Champions’ who have made outstanding contributions/achievements in past 75 years in the field of Electronics & IT. In order to identify these champions, MeitY is inviting nominations of scientists/technologists – Tech Champions. Citizens can log on to MyGov.in and nominate their Tech Champions along with brief background and reasons for nominating these champions.
The celebrations shall recognize the outstanding scientific work, which has contributed significantly to India’s rise in Electronics & IT.
Such work may have resolved fundamental problems, created powerful new techniques, introduced unifying principles, or opened major new fields of research. The intent of the felicitation is to recognise outstanding Indian contribution made in the field of Electronics and IT after independence.
* Recognize outstanding contributions/achievements made by scientists/technologists in the domain of Electronics and IT.
* Highlight the scientific work and talent of scientists/technologists and enhance the visibility of their work.
Date of launch for inviting nominations 15th September 2021.
Last date for submission of nominations 7th November 2021.
* A committee constituted by MeitY will make the recommendations of selected scientists/technologists from the nominations received.
* The honour may be bestowed on a single or multiple candidate/s.
* The honour shall be bestowed on persons who have made significant contributions to human knowledge and progress – fundamental/applied in the field of Electronics and IT.
Any citizen of India engaged in research / innovation in the field of Electronics and IT can participate. No bar on age criteria. Deceased persons cannot be nominated.
The Scientists/Technologists shall be honored based on contributions made through work done primarily in India in the past 75 years.
For more details and online application refer the Official Publisher