NTPC Scholarship Scheme
Applications are invited for Ten (10) Birbal Sahni Research Scholarships (BSRSs) tenable at Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow.
Masters degree (M.Sc./M.Tech. or equivalent) in Life Sciences / Earth Sciences or an allied subject with first division (at least 60% marks) both at graduate and post-graduate levels Preference will be given to CSIR/UGC/NET qualified candidates.
Age limit : 28 years as on September 25, 2017. A relaxation of age-limit up to 3 years may be considered by the Competent Authority in the case of applicants who are suitably qualified and have some research training/ experience in a relevant discipline. In the case of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes, an age relaxation upto 5 years may be allowed. For PH candidates, the age relaxation will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
1. The tenure of the BSRSs is two years. They shall be entitled to a scholarship amount of Rs.16,000/- PM during the first and second year. After two years, the progress report of the research scholars will be assessed by a Committee and, if found satisfactory, they will be allowed to continue for the third year with a scholarship amount of Rs.18,000/-PM.
2. Candidates with CSIR/UGC/NET qualification will be entitled to a scholarship amount of Rs. 25,000/- PM for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- PM during the third year.
3. Only the Indian citizens normally residing in India are eligible for Research Scholarship.
4. Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualification and experience requirements does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for test and/or interview.
5. All the applications received within the due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and only the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee will be called for test and/or interview. The decision of the Institute on short-listing will be final and the Institute will not entertain any correspondence in this respect.
6. The number of Scholarships may vary. The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any of the Scholarships.
7. The award of Scholarship shall not imply any assurance or guarantee for subsequent employment at the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow.
8. Usual infrastructural facilities for research including funds for field work, Ph.D. registration fee and other related support will be provided by the Institute. The nomination of the Supervisor and Co-Supervisor (if needed) for Birbal Sahni Research Scholars and their placement of the Birbal Sahni Research Scholars in various Projects will be made by the Institute.
9. HRA and medical benefits may be allowed as per the Staff Rules of the Institute.
10. No Research Scholar will be allowed to discontinue his/her scholarship without prior approval of the Institute.
11. Each Research Scholar will have to sign an agreement with the Institute regarding the terms and conditions for the award of Birbal Sahni Research Scholarship to him/her before joining.
12. For further details visit us at www.bsip.res.in
Application on plain paper from the candidate along with attested copies of mark-sheets, certificates, degrees, testimonials, etc. so as to reach the REGISTRAR, BIRBAL SAHNI INSTITUTE OF PALAEOSCIENCES, 53, UNIVERSITY ROAD, LUCKNOW 226 007, U.P. (INDIA) latest by September 25, 2017.
For more details please refer the Scholarship Publisher Website :
NTPC Scholarship Scheme
THE HINDU-HITACHI SCHOLARSHIPS In association with Hitachi Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, THE HINDU invites applications for scholarships for technical training […]
Sir Ratan Tata scholarships – Merit Scholarships & Exchange Scholarships
RBI Young Scholars Award Scheme