Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme For Girls
British Council has launched the second edition of its 70th Anniversary Scholarship programme for Indian Women to pursue a master’s programme in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship programme, valued at GBP 1 million, will fund full tuition for 70 Indian women to study a Master’s programme in STEM for the academic year 2019-20, enabling young women to access some of the worlds best universities in UK
British Council’s investment in women scholars supports Indian Prime Minister Modi’s shift to women-led development and also supports its objectives as below
* Sustainable Development Goal to achieve gender equality and empower women and girls
* Women who are likely to become leaders in their fields over the next twenty years
The scholarships are open to women across India.
The scholarship will cover full tuition for Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), programme in a UK university starting September/ October 2019.
Living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor.
Interested students will need to submit their application for the scholarship through their chosen UK university. Please follow the steps provided below
Step I: Check your eligibility
1. Do you plan to pursue a one year master’s programme in a STEM subject at a UK university in September 2019?
2. Do you have an admit to a UK University to pursue a STEM course of your choice?
3. Do you have excellent academic and extracurricular track record?
4. Are you a woman with a valid Indian passport?
Step II: Formal admission offer for a Master’s programme in a STEM subject at a UK university
1. Contact your UK university’s international office or scholarship team
2. Confirm with the UK university if you will qualify for the British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20
3. Request that you be nominated for the scholarship
Step III: Post nomination by your UK university
1. Confirm with the UK university that your nomination is submitted
2. You will be directed by the university to submit an application for the British Council 70th Year Scholarship 2019-2020
3. Submit a complete application before Jan 31, 2019
4. Post submission, you will receive an email with the application details for your reference
To learn more about applying to universtiies in the UK refer to https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/
The scholarships will offer women the chance to study at some of the leading UK universities, work in world-class research environments and collaborate with international research teams. British Council will also train the scholars to enable them to create an impact of their work in STEM through effective use of social media and science communication.
British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20
1. The decision by an UK higher education institution to nominate a candidate for the British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20 scholarship is the institution’s independent decision and the British Council will have no influence over this.
2. It is the nominated candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the complete application for the British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20 is submitted before the deadline of January 31, 2019
3. Each application from the nominated candidate will be reviewed by the British Council panel based on predefined criteria. The final selection and decision of awarding the scholarship award will rest with the British Council’s selection panel.
4. If you have been nominated by more than one UK institution for the British Council India 70th year scholarships, your application form should clearly indicate which UK University to intend to attend. Only one application can be submitted per candidate with the UK institution details.
5. Candidates must disclose on your application form whether they have applied, or intend to apply, for any other scholarships or awards. The decision to apply to other scholarships will not be held against the candidate for the final award.
6. British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20 will pay towards full tuition for one year of study for a master’s programme in STEM
7. Selected scholars cannot accept any additional funding towards tuition that will be covered by the British Council India 70th year Scholarships
8. Selected scholars will need to make their own financial arrangements for their boarding, living and other on-campus expenses.
9. Selected scholars with conditional offers will need to ensure that all admission requirements are met. Once the final offer is shared by the UK institution, the candidate will need to confirm the admission offer with the British Council. Failure to complete the admission formalities will lead to withdrawal of the scholarship.
10. Scholars selected for the British Council 70th year Scholarships 2019-20 will need to sign a scholarship award letter which lists the terms and conditions aligned to British Council’s policies.
11. Selected candidates will need to participate in all trainings, professional development and networking opportunities provided by the British Council in India and the UK.
12. The selected candidates must act as a brand ambassador for the British Council and their home country while in the UK.
13. Scholars are expected to engage on social media platforms during their stay in the UK and share their experiences about studying in the UK.
14. On return from the UK, scholars need to maintain contact with the British Council and contribute as a brand ambassador for Study UK by attending interviews and share experiences on platforms such as exhibitions and the pre-departure events
15. Once the UKHEI and the scholar has confirmed the programme and course details, no change in course area will be permitted without prior approval from the British Council. In exceptional conditions, if a request for a course change is made, it will need to be within the STEM field of study and no additional payments will be made by the British Council towards higher tuition costs.
For more details refer Scholarship Publisher Link
Other Scholarships In India
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme For Girls
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
Colgate Dental Cream Scholarship By Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd
G.H.Raisoni Scholarships For Boys 2016-17