Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
About Charpak Scholarships
This scholarship ( Charpak Scholarships ) is designed for one to two years, (September – June, 10 months per academic year) of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.
The Charpak Master Program offers two kinds of scholarships based on merit:
a) Charpak AME Scholarship (Allocation Mensuelle d’Entretien):
* Living allowance 700 euros
* Medical insurance coverage (approx 300 euros / academic year)
* Student visa and Campus France fee waiver
*Tuition fee waiver upto 5000 euros
* Assistance to find affordable student accommodation
2. Charpak Travel
*To and fro air ticket in economy class between India and France
*Student visa and Campus France fee waiver
Note: Full tuition fee waiver at public universities or partial tuition fee waivers by other institutions, can be granted according to their individual policies
* be an Indian national and reside in India
* be a student currently enrolled at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
* be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
* be a student from Indian Institution and have studied in India
* the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
* An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may reapply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
* Non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA/percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
STEP 1: Create an account.
Sign up and create an account on the French Scholarship online portal using your email address and password. Follow the link provided below:
Note: The email ID used for registration must belong to the applicant. The email address must be valid and functional. There is no scope for changing the registered email address.
If you are a new user, click Sign Up and enter the details required.
After successful registration, a message along with the application number will be sent to the registered email address.
STEP 2: Scan and save the following documents.
* Passport size photograph (please make sure that the photograph uploaded is formal)
* Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach proof of your passport application.
* Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
* Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
* Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
* French language certificate (DELF /DALF or from any recognized university or Xth mark sheet if French was your second language)
* XII Marksheet and degree/passing certificate
* University Marksheet and degree (Bachelor’s Degree and Mark Sheet and for those who are applying for M2, upload your M1 mark sheet as well)
* Document of employment / internship record
* Recommendation letter from the university (not mandatory)
Note: All the above documents must be in word, pdf or jpeg format (rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Applications submitted without required documents or incorrect documents will be rejected.
Please note that your statement of purpose is the reflection of your own thoughts. It should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as how would the exchange program add value in your further studies or in launching your career. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Your response to each question for your statement of purpose should not exceed 250 words.
Step 3- Submit.
Make sure to save or submit your application. If you are not able to complete the application, you may click save and return later to finish your application.
Note: You cannot Edit/Modify your application after the deadline of the scholarship.
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email.
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail:
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Application start date: Friday, 01 February 2019
Application end date: Monday, 15 April 2019
Results on the website: Week of 11 May 2019
Other Scholarships In India
Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
University of the People Fondation Hoffmann Scholarship
Clarendon Scholarships University of Oxford For Indian Students
Endeavour Awards – Round 2019 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships