About Charpak Scholarships
This scholarship is designed for one to two years, (September – June, 10 months per academic year) of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.
There are two kinds of scholarships offered at Master’s level based on merit.
1. Charpak AME Scholarship (Allocation Mensuelle d’Entretien)
* Living allowance of 700 euros
* Student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
* Tuition fee waiver upto 5000 euros
* Assistance to find affordable student accommodation (priority access to CROUS residencies, subject to availability)
2. Travel Grant
* One-way air ticket in economy class between from India to France
* Student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
* Social security
* The scholarship does not cover living allowance, tuition fee waiver or assistance with finding accommodation
* The students do not have to submit separate scholarship applications for the above mentioned scholarship application
The applicant must:
* be an Indian national and reside in India
* be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
* be a student currently enrolled/have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
* the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
* an exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may re-apply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
* non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA/percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The students must submit their application on the online scholarship portal http://ifi.scholarship.ifindia.in/ along with the following documents:
STEP 2: Scan and save the following documents.
* Passport size photograph (please make sure that the photograph uploaded is formal)
* Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach proof of your passport application.
* Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
* Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
* Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
* French language certificate (DELF /DALF or from any recognized university or Xth mark sheet if French was your second language)
* XII Marksheet and degree/passing certificate
* University Marksheet and degree (Bachelor’s Degree and Mark Sheet and for those who are applying for M2, upload your M1 mark sheet as well)
* Document of employment / internship record, if applicable
* Recommendation letter from the university (not mandatory)
Note: All the above documents must be in word, pdf or jpeg format (rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Applications submitted without required documents or incorrect documents will be rejected.
Please note that your statement of purpose is the reflection of your own thoughts. It should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as how would the exchange program add value in your further studies or in launching your career. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Your response to each question for your statement of purpose should not exceed 250 words.
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail:
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Start Date of the application: Monday, 03 February 2020
End Date of the application: Friday, 17 April 2020
Result declaration: Mid of May
Scholarship Publisher Link
Other Scholarships In India