WISDOM Educational Foundation Scholarships
CHEVENING GURUKUL FELLOWSHIP
Applications for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence are currently open. Click here to apply.
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years. The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential. The fellowship addresses issues faced by leaders in all fields and explores changing ideas and practices of leadership, looking at the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders. In September 2017, the University of Oxford with the Department of Politics and International Relations will commence running the 12-week Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence.
The University of Oxford is a world-leading centre of learning, teaching and research and the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It is renowned for the quality and diversity of its research and teaching excellence. Oxford is the world’s number one university according to the Times Higher Education Rankings 2016-17.
Oxford’s international profile rivals that of any university in the world, highlighted by the breadth and depth of its research collaborations and a truly global student body and academic staff.
Oxford is a collegiate university, consisting of the central university and colleges. The central university is composed of academic departments and research centres, administrative departments, libraries and museums. The 38 colleges are interdisciplinary academic communities, bringing together leading academics and students across subjects and year groups and from different cultures and countries.
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence at the University of Oxford starts from the premise that as an economic powerhouse of the global economy, a growing leader in science and technology, and the world’s largest democracy, India is in a pivotal position to drive forward an effective and legitimate institutional international order to meet the emerging challenges to global integration.
Every year twelve selected Gurukul Fellows will be offered an intensive, twelve-week residential course at the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford to study and address these challenges through three fundamental and interlocking components focussing on academic understanding, policy relevance and personal development.
This innovative programme will familiarise India’s future leaders with an understanding of the contemporary opportunities and challenges of global integration, the leadership skills to play a leading role in meeting them, and the knowledge to translate this into policy and practice.
Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including:
* Economics of global integration: growth, trade, regulation and deregulation
* The role of science and technology: climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cyber security
* International governance and government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit
* Social challenges of and to global integration: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance
* The new politics of support and opposition to global integration: nationalism and internationalism, security and conflict
* Personal development and leadership skills
The course includes numerous site visits in the UK and Europe, researching and presenting on a public policy plan to be developed throughout the course, and a varied cultural programme designed to integrate Gurukul Fellows into the academic and cultural life of the University and Department, along with building their professional networks.
What does this fellowship include?
* Full programme fees
* Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
* Return economy flight from India to the UK
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must:
* Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
* Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
* Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society
* Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor
* Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
* Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements and expectations of the programme
Applications for this fellowship are now open. Applications will remain open until Wednesday, 28 February at 12:00 GMT. Find out more and apply here.
For more details please refer the Fellowship Publisher Website
WISDOM Educational Foundation Scholarships
Kerala State Young Scientist Awards
Vedica Scholars Programme For Women Admission 2019
Last Date : 15th November, 2018
North South Foundation Scholarships 2018-2019