Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme
Instructions for the Parents/Gurus to fill up the application form properly (Non-Compliance of any of these instruction(s) may lead to rejection of the application form):
1. The Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme is implemented at the national level. There are hundreds of art forms practiced in our country. Since the number of scholarships available are limited, only exceptionally talented and outstanding students need to apply.
2. Children whose date of birth is in between 01.07.2003 and 30.06.2007 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for the award of scholarships for the year 2017-18. Please ensure before filling the form that your child is born on either of these dates or in between these dates.
3. The exact Date of Birth as per the School record must be certified by the Principal/Headmaster only in the application form and a self attested photocopy of Date of Birth Certificate issued by the Office of the Registrar (Birth & Death) or any other competent authority must be attached with the application.
4. Minimum three (03) years'training in the art form in which scholarship is being applied, either with a guru or in an institution is essential, for the same, Guru/teacher must fill up the details regarding the duration, training details and his/her profile/bio-data on the last page of the application form. However, the children applying in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts are not required to submit these details compulsorily.
5. As this is a national level scholarship, the Gurus/Teachers/Parents must ensure that the applicants possess certain level of proficiency in the field while applying. Only three (03) students of a Guru/Teacher/Institution will be considered for award of scholarships at a time. If more than one Guru/teacher is working in the same Institution, then also only three (03) applications of that Institution will be considered for award of scholarship(s). Therefore, in all such cases, if more than three (03) application(s) are received, then all of them would be rejected straight away, on the basis of their receipt date(s).
6. The applicant must apply only in art form only, because only once and one scholarship could be availed under the scheme. All applications of those, who apply in more than one art form would be rejected straightaway.
7. Applicants applying under the Tribal Culture/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category, must attach the self-attested photocopy of their valid Scheduled Tribe (ST) certificate, issued by any competent authority.
8. Applicants applying under the Differently Abled Children category, must attach the self-attested photo copy of the their Disability Certificate, issued by any competent authority.
9. Applicants applying under the Traditional Artists Family (TAF) category, must attach a duly signed brief write-up on a separate sheet of paper giving complete details of minimum three (03) generations and their contribution to the art form.
10. Applicants applying in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts, must attach the three (03) specimens of their latest original work (such as poems, stories, prose, play and essay etc.) duly attested by the Principal/Headmaster of their respective schools. These compositions of the candidates may be in any language recognized by the Constitution of India in its eighth schedule including English.
11. Applicants applying for Painting must attach three (03) specimens of their latest original art work and those in Crafts, Sculpture etc. should attach three (03) photographs of their latest original art objects, duly certified by their Guru/Teacher on the backside or on a plain paper separately, that these are the art work made by the applicant only and not aided by them.
12. The CCRT may take the help of Central Board of Secondary Education, Education Boards of State Govts, and other Non-Governmental Voluntary Organizations in identifying the talented students in various field (s).
13. Students in folk, traditional and indigenous art forms must mention, the exact local/regional name of the art form and also the State/Region where it is practiced.
14. Incomplete and applications in old formats/forms and those without required documents art specimens will be rejected straight away and will not be placed in front of Central Selection Committee.
15. Those who are already receiving any type of scholarship from CCRT or any other Institution(s) must not apply again either for new scholarship or for extension of the old CCRT Scholarship.
16. A scholarship holder shall not receive any scholarship/stipend from any other Institutions in case he/ she is selected for CTSS Scheme.
17. Last date for submission of complete and duly filled application form in the CCRT, New Delhi is 31.12.2016. CCRT shall not be responsible for any postal delay/non-receipt of application due to some other reason(s) in its office and the applications received after the last date i.e. 31-12-2016, will not be considered.
18. Only those applicants, whose names are shortlisted by Central Selection Committee, will be informed about the date, timings and venue of the interview/test by post which may be held during the months of May-August, 2017 at Regional Level. It will not be possible for the CCRT to inform/correspond with the applicants, rejected by the Committee.
The object of the scheme is to provide facilities to outstanding talented children selected in the age group of 10 to 14 years (as per the cut off eligibility dates), studying either in recognized schools or belonging to families practicing traditional performing arts for getting specialized training in various cultural fields such as traditional forms of music, dance, drama, painting, sculpture, crafts and literary arts, laying special emphasis on rare art forms, which are in the process of becoming extinct.
NATURE OF SCHOLARSHIP
Subject to availability of funds, the total number of fresh scholarships to be awarded every year will be 650, of which 100 scholarships are marked for Tribal Culture/Scheduled Tribe children (those who possess a valid 'ST' certificate issued by competent authority), 125 are reserved for children of families practicing traditional arts, etc. (TAF- which are continuously practicing art form(s) for the minimum previous 03 generations), 20 for differently abled children (having valid disability certificate) and 30 in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts (for those who have evidences of their original work). The remaining 375 scholarships will be treated as general scholarships.
The talented children in the age group of 10 to 14 years (as per the cut off eligibility dates), studying in the recognized schools will be eligible to apply under the Scheme.
The children whose parent's/guardian's total monthly income is less than ? 8000/- only (? Eight Thousand Only) per month will be given preference for the award of scholarship. However, the criteria of talent and potential will be taken into consideration for all the candidates.
The Scholarship awarded under the scheme will be initially for two years at a time and is renewable after every two years till the completion of the first university degree stage of education or up to the age of 20 years, whichever is earlier, subject to the awardee maintaining satisfactory progress. However, if the Half-Yearly Progress Reports are not submitted in time regularly, then the decision regarding discontinuation can be taken any time without prior notice, as and when required.
The payment of scholarship will start from the date which may be specified by the Centre or from the date on which the admission is obtained in the approved course in an Institution or with the approved Guru, whichever is later.
Application for the scholarship should be submitted by the parents/guardians in the prescribed latest form in one art form only, after getting necessary recommendations from school/ institution and Guru/teacher, where the applicant is studying and receiving training respectively, directly to the CCRT, New Delhi by December 31, 2016. The CCRT may take the help of Central Board of Secondary Education, Education Boards of State Govts, and other Non-Governmental Voluntary Organizations in identifying the talented students in various field (s).
For the short listing of candidates to be called for Interview/Test, the CCRT will constitute a Central Selection Committee, whose decision shall be final. Only the shortlisted candidates will be informed by post about the dates, timings and venue of the Interviews/Tests which may be conducted at Regional level during the months of May-August, 2017.
The children appearing for the Interviews/Tests for the award of new scholarships will be assessed/evaluated on the scale of 1 (one) to 10(ten) marks by each Expert Committee Member and children will be recommended for scholarship(s) on the basis of total marks obtained by them, strictly in order of'Merit', subject to availability of number(s) of scholarships(s), for that year.
The selected child shall be placed for training by the parent/guardian either in a suitable institution in which facilities for academic studies as well as for training in the particular cultural field for which the child is awarded the scholarship, are available or he/she shall be placed for training in the field concerned under an approved Guru/teacher while being allowed to pursue the academic studies in a recognized school. The decision of the CCRT on the selection of the course of study and the Guru/teacher shall be final.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP
I) The value of scholarship will be Rs. 3600/-(Rs. Three thousand Six Hundred Only) per year.
ii) The actual fee paid for the specialized training to the Institution or to the Guru/teacher shall be reimbursed to the scholarship holder in addition to the value of scholarship indicated under (i) above, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 9000/- (Rs. Nine Thousand only) per year.
All payments of scholarship shall be made in the bank account of authorized parent/guardian of scholarship holders, by NEFT/ECS/RTGS directly, who shall be responsible to pay the approved tuition fee to the Guru/teacher and send the payment receipts duly signed by him and Guru/Teacher also.
The institution/Guru/teacher under whom the scholarship holder is placed for training shall be required to send detailed half yearly progress report(s) in respect of the scholars to the CCRT, New Delhi in the prescribed format only. The progress report for the first half year from 1 st January to 30th June, should reach CCRT by 15th July and for the second half year from 1st July to 31st December, by 15th January of the next year positively. If the progress report of the student is continuously unsatisfactory for the two half yearly or not received in time, then the scholarship will be discontinued, and the decision of the CCRT shall be final.
In case, where a change of the Guru/teacher becomes necessary after the commencement of scholarship, due to unavoidable circumstances, prior approval of the CCRT for a new Guru/teacher in the prescribed Joining Report Proforma and justifying the reason(s) for change, must betaken.
In case the scholarship holder discontinues the training before the expiry of the period of scholarship without prior permission from the CCRT and proper justification for discontinuation, the Centre shall have the right to cancel the scholarship with immediate effect and the certificate to be issued by the Centre after completion of the Scholarship, will not be issued in such cases.
A scholarship holder shall not receive any other scholarship/stipend in the concerned field without the prior approval of the CCRT, during the tenure of the CTSS Scheme Scholarship.
There is no State/UT wise quota for grant of Scholarships under the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme.
All disputes and complaints including court cases etc. related with Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Delhi High Court only/Court situated in Delhi only.
The CCRT reserves the right to introduce, at any time, such changes in the terms and conditions of the Scheme as may be found necessary to serve the objectives of the Scheme.
The application form(s) received after the last day i.e. Saturday, December 31,2016 will not be considered and CCRT will not be responsible for any kind of postal delay.
Contact: 15A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi -110075, Phones: 011-25309337, 25309338, 25309300, Fax : 011-25088637 e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com website : www.ccrtindia.gov.in
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme
Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme