Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Ph.D. Admission
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Ph.D. Admission
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Programmes (Under Institutional Scholarship Category)
as per description below.
Ph.D. Programmes- January- 2019 Batch
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952, as a training institute has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
The main focus of the institute is to evolve as an Innovative Unique Research University to develop indigenous contemporary defence related technologies and also to provide technological solutions to the Services. DIAT is committed to generate high quality and talented human resource in broad areas of Defence Technologies to cater the needs of DRDO, Armed Forces and other Defence establishments.
DIAT offers admission to PhD (full-time) in the frontier areas of Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Materials engineering and Applied Chemistry. Limited few Institute Fellowships are available.
* A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying
examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be
allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
* A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as
prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the Ph.D.
a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET (Fellowship), Graduate Aptitude Test for
Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET
(Fellowship) cut off will be decided by DIAT
b) Age limit
Not above 30 years as on 22nd Nov 2018.
Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
* The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in Ph.D. admission in accordance with relevant act of
Parliament being in-force from the time.
* A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the
department concerned followed by a personal interview.
a) The selected Ph.D. candidates against this admission notice, admitted as full-time Ph.D. students will be
provided financial assistance as per Institute rules, in force from time to time. The Ph.D. students (who are
provided Institute fellowship) will be required to assist in research and teaching activities for a maximum of
10 hours per week in addition to their own duties.
b) In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant
(presently Rs.15,000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute.
Boarding / Lodging:
Accommodation and mess facilities are available in the PhD Scholar Hostel on payment basis. However, due to very limited rooms in the Hostel, it may or may not possible to provide Hostel accommodation to all the students. The present monthly charges towards boarding and lodging are ` 7000/- (subject to revision).However, ` 40,000/- is to be deposited at the beginning of each Semester towards lodging and boarding charges, in advance. A security deposit of Rs. 10,000/- would need to be paid to Hostel Office.
How to Apply:
Application form is available at Institutes website http://www.diat.ac.in . Application fee of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC category (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST & Women candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through State Bank collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by on or before 22nd Nov 2018. Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
* Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications / marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
* For short listing of candidates, the department screening committee may decide subject-wise and categorywise
GATE/NET Cut off.
* Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process.
* Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
* No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on http://www.diat.ac.in website along with other information viz. date of Written Test / Interview / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website ttp://www.diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
Course Fee and Other Charges:
Selected candidates for the Ph.D programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @ Rs.25,000/- per semester (for Gen & OBC) and @Rs.15,000/- (for SC & ST) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs.10,000/-, commencing from January 2019.
Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application :22nd Nov 2018
Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test :3 rd / 4 th week of Dec 2018
Tentative date of commencement of the programme :1 st Week of Jan 2019
For details refer : https://www.diat.ac.in/