LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
About CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Since its inception, the Cancer Research Institute has invested hundreds of millions of dollars to support research conducted by more than 3,200 scientists and clinicians worldwide to understand the immune system and how it can be harnessed to conquer all cancers. This work has laid the foundation for nearly every major cancer immunotherapy breakthrough over the past half century.
Guided by an international panel of the world’s leading immunologists and cancer immunologists, including Nobel laureates and members of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, CRI provides essential funding to support every stage of discovery, from laboratory investigation to clinical trials of the most promising cancer immunotherapies for patients.
The CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program supports qualified young scientists at leading universities and research centers around the world who wish to receive training in fundamental immunology or cancer immunology.
A panel of scientists drawn from our Scientific Advisory Council rigorously evaluates each candidate, the intended sponsor and training environment, and the nature and feasibility of the proposed project.
The Institute seeks hypothesis-driven, mechanistic studies in both immunology and tumor immunology. The applicant and sponsor should make every effort to demonstrate the potential of the proposed studies to directly impact our understanding of the immune system’s role in cancer.
* Applicants for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology. An eligible project must fall into the broad field of immunology with relevance to solving the cancer problem.
* Applicants must have a doctoral degree by the date of award activation and must conduct their proposed research under a sponsor who holds a formal appointment at the host institution.
* Applicants with 5 or more years of relevant postdoctoral experience are not eligible, with the exception of M.D. applicants, who should not include years of residency in this calculation.
* Only in exceptional circumstances will applicants who have already spent 3 or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
* The fellowship can be performed in the United States or abroad, but must take place at a non-profit institution. There are no citizenship restrictions.
* Only one fellow per sponsor may apply per application round, and faculty sponsors may not have more than three CRI-supported fellows at any time.
Newly awarded fellowships provide a stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year. In addition, an allowance of $1,500 per year is allotted to the host institution for use at the sponsor’s discretion to help pay for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.
Deductions for administrative overhead are not allowed from either the stipend or the institutional allowance. Payments are made monthly in U.S. currency to the host institution.
The application deadlines are April 1 and October 1; when those dates fall on the weekend, applications are due the following Monday. Applications are due by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on these dates. Applicants are notified of fellowship committee decisions within approximately 10-12 weeks of the application deadline.
Fellowships can be activated three months after the application deadline but no later than one year following the deadline. Awards activate on the first of the month.
April 1 & October 1
If a deadline falls on the weekend, applications are due the following Monday.
1. Explore the postdoctoral fellowship program.
2. Read application guidelines and confirm your eligibility.
3. Read application instructions.
4. Complete application materials.
5. Apply for Fellowship through our grant portal:
Other Fellowships In India
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
Colgate Dental Cream Scholarship By Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd
G.H.Raisoni Scholarships For Boys 2016-17
Goa Education Trust Scholarships