DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship Admissions
DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship Admissions
DST Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme – Nano Science & Technology Overseas Visiting Fellowships
Applications are invited for the award of “Nano-Science & Technology Overseas Visiting Fellowships” for pursuing post-doctoral research in frontier areas of Nano-Science & Technology. The fellowships are awarded under the Mission on Nano-Science & Technology (Nano Mission) of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. The Fellowship will enable selected Indian researchers in conducting advanced research or undergoing specialized training in international research laboratories/institutions overseas in the field of Nano-Science & Nano-Technology. Up to 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
The Programme aims to build national capacity in frontier areas of Nano- Science and Technology, which are of interest to India by providing postdoctoral fellowship for a period of one year. The applicant should have completed a Ph.D. degree in science and engineering not earlier than five preceding years from recognized institutions in India. Those who have submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply. The Programme allocates the selected candidates in identified areas and sends them to top institutions around the globe and also to institutions where internationally acclaimed scientists in similar areas are working. The applicant should himself/herself correspond with the proposed host institution abroad for their postdoctoral work. He/she is required to produce a proposal of research to be carried out during the fellowship period, a letter of acceptance from the host institution, and merits/uniqueness of that host institute and the host group in the proposed area.
1. To build national capacity in the frontier areas of Nano-science and Technology which are of interest to India.
2. To tap the expertise gained by these young scientists to strengthen/initiate national programmes in their domain knowledge.
ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER CRITERIA
1. The Scheme is open to Indian nationals who have completed their Ph.D. in India only. The applicant should have completed a Ph.D. degree in science and engineering not earlier than five preceding years from recognized institutions in India, those who have submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply.
2. The candidate will be required to submit a concise research proposal in the area of Nano-Science and Technology that he/she would be undertaking in the postdoctoral study.
3. The applications should be accompanied by an offer/invitation letter from the host institution and acceptance from the prospective adviser. The letter must mention that the host has reviewed the research proposal and is willing to provide all infrastructural support without any overhead cost, in addition to extending all support for visa in respect of the selected candidates.
4. Preference will be given to those who have not availed any postdoctoral position abroad.
5. The candidates should request three referees including Ph.D. Supervisor to send or email their letter with confidential evaluation directly to the address given below.
A Committee consisting of experts will review the proposal and credential to short-list and recommend the suitable candidate.
Selected Fellow will be provided a monthly fellowship of US $ 3000 for one year and one-time contingency allowance of Rs.60,000/- (subject to actual) to cover visa fee, airport transfer charges, medical insurance etc. They will also be provided the shortest route economy-class airfare from their place in India to the place of host institution and back.
The duration of the Fellowship is one year. No bond needs to be furnished by the candidates. The selected candidates need not be regular employees in Indian institutions.
APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO
The candidates may send the softcopy of the complete application and enclosures to: email@example.com addressed to The Administrative Officer, DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship in NST, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064.
If the acknowledgement of application is not received within three working days of its submission, the candidate may send their queries to the above mentioned email id.
Applications will be received until two months from the date of publication of this advertisement. Those who have applied in response to the previous advertisement need not apply
Fellowship Publisher Link
Fellowship Information Document
Other Fellowships In India