Last Date : 30.07.2021
About Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2022-2023
These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; Geography (including GIS and Geology); History; Language and Literature; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physics; Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies); Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant will be affiliated to one U.S. host institution for his/her grant. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to indicate affiliation preference and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institution. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of visit, preferably with dates. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites
* the applicant must have a Ph.D. or a D.M. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2017 and September 14, 2021. The applicant is required to upload his/her Ph.D. or D.M. degree certificate/ provisional Ph.D. certificate on the online application;
* the applicant must have publication in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
* if applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
Note: In the application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete the proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine grant duration carefully. Should s/he be selected for a grant, it will be for the period specified in his/her application. The duration cannot be changed.
* Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2022
* Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
* Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application FNPostdoc Applicant Annexure
FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution
Application Due Date: September 15, 2021, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Application due date for 2022-2023 awards : September 15, 2021
Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates : Mid-October 2021
USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome : End November 2021
National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi : Mid-December 2021
USIEF notifies principal and alternate : End December 2021
USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement : Early January 2022
USIEF notifies finalists : March-April 2022
Program begins : May/June 2022
For any queries contact: postdoc(at)usief.org.in
Other Fellowships In India
Last Date : 30.07.2021
HDFC Bank Parivartan’s Educational Crisis Scholarship Support 2021-2022
Last Date : 31.07.2021
Australian Alumni International Scholarship 2021
Last Date : 31.07.2021
JM Financial Foundation Project Shiksha Samarthan