Monash International Leadership Scholarship For Indian Students
The Institute invites applications for temporary Research Positions in various disciplinary and inter-disciplinary areas of interest to the Institute. Interested persons with Doctoral Degrees, exceptional academic record and research preparation, are invited to apply.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, with consistently good academic record and interdisciplinary research potential, for 12 full-time Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) to carryout research in the following areas at the Institute:
S.No. – Focus Group
1 Computer Science and Engineering
2 Electrical Engineering
3 Mechanical Engineering
8 Humanities & Social Science
9 Sophisticated Instrumentation
These are temporary research positions which may be offered to those who seek to choose research as a profession. The research work during the Post-Doctoral period is encouraged to be in interdisciplinary areas of mutual interest to both the Post-Doctoral Fellows and the Institute. Post-Doctoral Fellows are expected to further enhance the interdisciplinary research culture at the Institute.
Candidates with a Ph.D. degree in appropriate discipline, with consistently good academic record throughout 10th to Ph.D. with at least First Class Degree throughout, can apply for the Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship positions, within five years of award of the Ph.D. program.
Applicants for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship shall be less than 35 years of age, relaxable by 5 years for women and reserved category applicants.
The duration of the fellowship is initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the Post-Doctoral Fellow, and the recommendation of the Mentor Faculty Member and approval by a duly constituted committee for the purpose.
Post-Doctoral Fellow shall be paid a fellowship amount of Rs. 40,000/- per month. If available, suitable on-campus accommodation may be provided as per IIT Jodhpur norms. Alternatively, each fellow shall be paid House Rent Allowance of Rs. 8,000 per month.
(a) Contingency Grant
A contingency grant of Rs.1,00,000 per annum will be provided to the Post-Doctoral Fellow towards for research equipment, consumable and contingency. The Fellow may use only upto 25% of the contingency grant for attending National or International Conference/Workshop
(b) Medical benefits/Insurance
Outpatient Medical benefits and limited Insurance will be provided for coverage.
Post-Doctoral Fellows are expected to pursue interdisciplinary research in one of the disciplines of the Institute with a Mentor Faculty Member who will essentially perform the role of a collaborator. Also the Post-Doctoral Fellow shall offer upto 7 hours per week for academic assistance, including in teaching, handling of tutorials and guiding laboratory work of students.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow is eligible for leave for upto 30 days in a year for each completed year ofthe fellowship. The leave can be availed on a prorata basis for the completed duration (on a 6 months basis).
If the Post-Doctoral Fellow wishes to leave the program before the end of the tenure, he/she can do so with prior consent of the PAC and by giving one month’s notice. The Fellowship may be terminated by the Institute, if the performance/conduct of the Fellow is unsatisfactory, by giving one month’s notice to the Fellow.
1. Applications are welcomed throughout the year. The interested candidates are required to apply only through ONLINE. For submitting the application form through the online process, please visit Institute’s website: (www.iitj.ac.in:8080/OA_REC_ACADEMIC). After submission of application a PDF of the completed form will be generated. The applicants are required to sign it and send it along with all self-attested relevant supporting documents by post to IIT Jodhpur.
2. Applications will be screened for interview once every three months.
3. Selection will be based on the need in certain areas within the listed disciplines. Also, applicants with exceptionally meritorious academic background with background in any area of disciplines other than the disciplines listed, may send their applications for active consideration.
4. Shortlisted applicants from within India have to give presentation and Interview in person and person from outside India may give their presentation and interview through Video Conferencing/Web based application.
5. The prescribed essential qualification indicated are bare minimum, and mere possessions of same will not entitle applicants to be offered the Fellowship. Therefore applicants should furnish details of all qualifications possessed in the relevant field along with documentary evidences.
6. In case of exceptional applicants, the Institute reserves the right to relax age and/or qualifications. Applicants are requested to provide the certificates in required format along with the application form.
7. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all of the advertised Fellowships.
8. Applicants employed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public Sector Enterprises, Autonomous Organizations, University and Educational Institutes, must send their application through their present employers. If they anticipate unavoidable delay in their application being forwarded through proper channel, they may send advance copies of their applications directly to the Institute.
9. Incomplete application and without relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
10. The Institute may verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the applicant prior to offering the Fellowship or during the tenure of the Fellowship. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the applicants are fake or the applicant has a clandestine antecedents or background and has suppressed the said information, then the Fellowship shall be terminated immediately.
11. The envelope should be super-scribed as “Application for Post-Doctoral Fellowship” and posted to:
Officer In-charge (Recruitment)
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Old Residency Road, Ratanada
Jodhpur 342011, India
Phone: (91 291) 244 9071;
Other Fellowships In India
Monash International Leadership Scholarship For Indian Students
Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship For Indian Students
Slovenian Government Bilateral Scholarships For Indian Students
Rotary Foundation Scholarships And Fellowships for Indian Students