THE YOUNG HEALTH PROGRAMME SCHOLARSHIP 2020
Last Date : 27.03.2020
About N.S.Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship
The N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship is a highly selective programme instituted with the aim to increase social diversity of management academia in India. It is a flexible one-year apprenticeship programme designed to help the selected pre-doctoral fellows successfully apply to doctoral programmes in management and allied disciplines.Area of Specialization
The 2020-21 N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship is available in the following disciplinary areas within management scholarship and research:
* Decision Sciences
* Economics & Social Sciences
* Finance & Accounting
* Information Systems
* Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
* Production & Operations Management
* Public Policy
This is a one-year academic programme (June 2020 through May 2021)
* A Master’s Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree) or a 5 year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with a minimum of 50 percent* marks in the bachelor’s as well as the master’s degrees.
* A professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent* marks.
* A 4-year/8-semesters bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 50 percent* marks.
*The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective University/ institution. If a University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100. # Five percent marks relaxation is given to applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories; i.e., these applicants should have scored at least 50%, 45% and 55% respectively depending on the qualification that the candidate has acquired.
The above qualification should be from any of the Universities, or other educational institutions, incorporated by an act of the Parliament or State legislature in India; or declared to be deemed as a University under Section3 of UGC Act, 1956, or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programmes, that would make them eligible, can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 8, 2020 from the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute (issued on or before June 8, 2020) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal / Registrar of their college / Institute. The deadline for submission of mark sheet and the Degree Certificate is December 31, 2020. Please note that all applications must meet the 50% eligibility norms. Non-fulfilment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission
* Applicants belonging to SC, ST, or NC-OBC groups.
* Applicants belonging to PWD category (persons with disability as defined by the Government of India).
* Applicants belonging to religious minorities (as defined by the Government of India).
* Applicants who have completed their secondary education (10th standard or equivalent) from a school where the medium of instruction was not English.
* Applicants who have completed their secondary education (10th standard or equivalent) from a rural school.
* Applicants who have completed their secondary education (10th standard or equivalent) from a Navodya School, or schools wholly owned by state governments, gram panchayats, or urban local bodies.
* Women and trans-gender applicants.
The application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 500/-
Selection to the programme will be done in two stages:
1. Application will be evaluated, and a shortlist prepared of candidates who will be called for a personal interview.
2. Final offer of fellowship will be made based on the evaluation of the application and the performance of the candidate in the personal interview.
The N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship is a flexible mentor-driven apprenticeship program where candidates who are admitted into the programme (herein after referred to as fellows) acquire the formal and tacit knowledge necessary to succeed in a doctoral programme. Each fellow is assigned to a mentor who is a full-time faculty member at IIMB. While the programme offers great flexibility, certain common elements that are essentials are mentioned below.
* Fellows will be required to attend the PhD preparatory program.
* Each fellow will complete at least two doctoral or MBA level three credit courses in her/his areas of interest and approved by the faculty mentor.
* Fellows will work for a minimum of 40 hours per week under the supervision of the faculty mentor.
* A math clinic (1.5 hours per week) and a writing workshop (1.5 hours per week) are required, except when waived by the faculty mentor and approved by the Pre-Doctoral faculty committee.
* Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000 besides full tuition waiver for any coursework during their tenure.
* The fellows will also receive a house rent allowance as per prevailing institute norms (currently Rs. 8500 per month).
* The fellows will be provided with a one-time contingency grant (that can be used for academic purposes approved by the faculty mentor and the N. S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral faculty committee) as per prevailing institute norms (currently, Rs. 25,000 per academic year).
* Cubicle space with computer provided by the institute.
Support to attend one national academic conference as an observer (with prior approval of the faculty mentor).
Support to attend national conferences that are approved by the N. S. Ramaswamy Predoctoral faculty committee and where the fellow is the presenting author.
The online application form for admission to NSR-Predoc 2020, is available at
The deadline for submission of fully completed applications is March 13, 2020 (5:00 p.m.). Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two disciplinary areas of specialization.
For queries, email: predoc[at]iimb[dot]ac[dot]in
Tel: +91 80 26993013/3017
For more details refer the Official Publisher : https://www.iimb.ac.in/
Other Fellowships In India
THE YOUNG HEALTH PROGRAMME SCHOLARSHIP 2020
Last Date : 27.03.2020
Dr TMA Pai PhD scholarship program
Last date : 16.03.2020
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS)…
Last Date : 15.03.2020
Erasmus Mundus scholarship For Indian Students…
Last date : 01.03.2020