Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2015-16
RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP
Applications are solicited from Indian nationals working in overseas research institutions for the "Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship", a Re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Aim of the Fellowship
The scheme is conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian nationals) working overseas in various cutting edge disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics and other related areas), by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions.
Who is eligible to apply ?
The applicant should possess a Ph.D., M.D., M. Tech, M.VSc. or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience of which last two years should be from overseas laboratory. Candidates (Indian nationals) working overseas are eligible to apply. Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of this advertisement are also eligible.
Researcher's upto 55 years of age as determined on closing date of application are eligible to apply.
Incentives of being a Ramalingaswami Fellow
1. This is a senior fellowship programme, and awardees are to be considered synonymous to the faculty/scientists at the level of Scientist-D. They are entitled to take up teaching/research assignments and supervising Doctoral/MS students.
2. The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 85,000/-p.m. In addition, a House Rent Allowance of Rs. 7,500/- p.m. is given to fellows. In case host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no house rent allowance is admissible.
3. Fellows will receive a research/contingency grant of Rs. 10.00 lakhs for the 1" year, Rs. 7.50 lakhs for the 2nd year and Rs. 5.00 lakhs for the subsequent 3 yrs. for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal.
4. DBT encourages host institutions to provide medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits as per their prevailing norms as applicable to their employees of the rank equivalent to Scientist D out of their own resources/funds.
5. Fellows retain an option for drawing either the fellowship or salary if they are appointed at a suitable permanent scientific position. Fellows opting for salary can continue to avail the research /contingency grant with prior approval of DBT.
6. Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellows could take up fellowship at any of the scientific institutes/ universities in the country. However, application should be duly forwarded by the competent authority of the host Institute. Fellows/Awardee can change his/her host institute only once during the tenure of the fellowship.
7. Awardees are eligible to apply for research grants to any of the funding agencies towards accomplishment of research proposal. However, the Co-PI has to be a permanent employee of the host institution.
Tenure of fellowship
Fellows can draw fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for another term on a fresh appraisal of performance of the fellow. Those who are able to secure permanent positions will not be considered for 2nd term.
How to apply
Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website (www.dbtindia.nic.in) and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. Meenakshi Munshi, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7'" Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, both as hard copy as well as soft copy latest by 28 th February, 2016. soft copy to be mailed at Email :- email@example.com only a single file. The applications not forwarded by the host institution will not be considered.
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship