TJ India-Youth Fellowship Program
TJ India-Youth Fellowship Program
TJIYLC – 2019 invites applications from young leaders for the TJ India-Youth Fellowship – a robust youth leadership immersion program with unequalled opportunities to work with and learn from leading institutions in diplomacy, development, policy and education while honing skills in communication, innovation, problem solving and management techniques
TJ India-Youth fellowship is a two week leadership immersion program offered to 8-10 talented young leaders from across the country with a proven track record of innovation and leadership that contributed towards a sustainable development goal.
Fellowship Week 1 shall be a leadership education and exposure immersion where the Fellows will get the opportunity to interact with some of the leading figures of the Indian government, non-profit, and business sectors. They shall be part of exposure visits to select organizations working on cutting edge practices and ideas. Finally, they will also get the opportunity to learn from some of the best educators of the world to gather skills that would help them in their later endeavors and pursuits to solve some of the most complex problems that the world is facing today.
Fellowship Week 2 shall involve the Fellows in a unique on-ground experience wherein they will work on a Telangana Jagruthi project of their choice. The fellows will work at the grassroots level as volunteers and consultants to a Telangana Jagruthi project to gain a hands on experience in implementing a development initiative to make others’ lives better
Post the Immersion Program, the Fellows shall then head to the 2 day Telangana Jagruthi International Youth Leadership Conference 2019, where they shall present their ideas and experiences to a global audience.
The objective of the Fellowship is to identify Leaders with a global mindset who understand the Indian context and have implemented localised solutions through their work.
To hone the talents of a class of leaders who shall strive to meet the goals of the UN SDGs.
To provide a world class exposure, education, and experience to these leaders to prepare them to deal with complex challenges of the future.
Who should apply?
1. Young Entrepreneurs: If you are a young leader who started or led an NGO, a startup organization, or an initiative/campaign that contributes towards a Sustainable development Goal.
2. A rising leader: If you are a youth leader with proven leadership skills and a desire to to bring about a positive change in the world.
3. “A youth leader at an “Inflection Point”: A leader who is on the threshold of achieving success, in the stated area of work
4. A Silent Hero/Heroine : Leaders whose work has hitherto not received large-scale public attention, but who have contributed immensely their society and are known in their local community. They have a proven track record of success and high moral commitment to the social good.
The fellows will be selected through a competitive application process. For a successful application, you are expected to submit the following documents to TJIYLC – 2019 on email address by deadline:
* Your bio and photograph.
* A current resume that highlights your skills and achievements.
* A statement of purpose (not more than 600 words) that highlights your motivation and expectations for the Youth Fellowship Program. Here, you are also expected to talk about your past work:
– A project, organization, or an initiative you have led or started.
– Your vision and motivation about the same.
– How this project/initiative/organization contributes towards a sustainable development goal.
* An essay (not more than 250-500 words) on a Telangana Jagruthi program/project of your choice describing how you would like to contribute towards the project in the second week of your immersion program and/or what you expect to learn from the experience. Telangana Jagruthi programs and projects can be accessed at http://telanganajagruthi.org/
Date: 3rd January 2019 to 17th January 2019 (2 week).
How to Apply?
Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TJIYLC – 2019 Fellow_First Name_Last Name_Application”
Deadline : November 20th, 2018.
Other Fellowships In India