Hindi Scholarship Scheme 2017-2018
A. Applications for Hindi scholarships are invited from the students of west Bengal, who passed in 2017 the Madhyamik, the Higher secondary or the Degree (Pass or Honours) Examination or their equivalent examination of the other recognized examining bodies including Voluntary Hindi organizations and got themselves admitted in the same year in the next higher course with Hindi as one of its subjects' candidates of B.Ed/B.T. course, where both the contents and methods of teaching Hindi are studied, will be eligible to apply for the scholarship. Ph.D. or M.Phil or M.Litt candidates of Hindi Language or Literature are also eligible to apply, if they have registered in such studies in 2017.
1. The student should belong to a non-Hindi speaking state and be ordinarily residing in West Bengal.
2. His /Her mother-tongue should not be Hindi.
3. Candidates who belong to non-Hindi speaking states but have been residing for any purpose in a Hindi speaking state will not be eligible for the scholarship.
4. Candidates who wish to pursue their studies through correspondence course or who are preparing for an examination private|y will not be eligible.
5. Candidates who are preparing for two courses simultaneously will not be e|igib|e, unless Hindi is one of the subjects of study in both those Course's.
6. Only those candidates will be eligible, who have passed the qualifying examination in the first attempt.
7. Candidates of Voluntary Hindi Organizations and other candidates must submit the applications THROUGH PARENT BODY/SCHOOL/COLLECE/UNIVERSITY with individual accounts details (Name of the bank, Account No, IFSC code, Mobile No.).
8. Candidates should secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
9. Candidates in employment, whether full or part time, or whether in a private Organization or a Government Organization, will not be eligible unless they are sponsored by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration and provided they execute a Bond with such State Government /Union Territory Administration, if so required by them (State/UT).
10. This Scholarship is combinable with other Scholarships as incentive to study Hindi.
C. Prescribed application forms may be obtained (till 07 days prior to the submission deadline noted below) either by hand from the Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education Directorate, West Bengal, Bikash Bhaban, North Block, 9th Floor, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700 091, between 12 noon to 4 p.m. on any working day on production of the original Mark Sheet or by sending a self-addressed and stamped (Rs.5/-) envelope with attested photocopy of Mark Sheet to the above address. Completed application forms will be received upto 30th December, 2017 between 1-2 noon and 4 p.m. on all working days in the above office. Forms received after 30.12.2017 will be summarily rejected.
The Scholarships are limited in number and will be given strictly on merit basis as per the rules in vogue.
For more details please refer the Website : http://wbhed.gov.in/page/notice_board.php
Hindi Scholarship Scheme