Derek O’Connor Scholarship
Closing date for entries: 28th June 2019
About National Human Rights Commission Summer Internship Programme 2019
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Summer Internship Programme 2019 (SIP 2019)” will commence from 16th May, 2019 (Thursday) to 141h June, 2019 (Friday) (30 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country. Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
1. Students who have completed 1st year and pursuing in 2nd OR 3rd year of 3 years LL.B. Course are eligible to apply.
2. Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
3. Students pursuing LL.M. Course,
4. Students pursuing MA in Human Rights, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics, Commerce, Anthropology, Mass Communication, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Sciences would be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
5. Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
6. Attested photocopies of mark-sheets (by Head of Department, where the student is presently studying) for each and every year / semester, are to be submitted for all the preceding years from Class XII onwards alongwith physically handicapped certificate (if
applicable ) , failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
7. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC category will be applied. Attested photocopy (by Head of Department, where the student is presently studying) of Caste Certificate is required, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
8. Efforts will be made to give representation to all the States/UTs subject to receipt of adequate numbers of applications from the respective State/UT.
9. A 500 words write-up (hand-written only) on the topic “Reason for Joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with application which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (As indicated by them in write-up).
10. The merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class XII @ 30 Marks, Graduation @ 40 Marks and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 30 Marks.
11. Students who have attended the regular one month Summer/Winter Internship Programmes organized by NHRC earlier will not be eligible to apply.
Taking the experience of the earlier Internship Programmes, this year maximum 60 students will be admitted for Summer Internship Programme 2019.
About 70 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns. The SIP 2019 will include following inputs:
* Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC.
* Classroom sessions.
* Project work on Human Rights issues.
* State Presentation on human rights scenario of the State to which interns belong to.
* Book Review from NHRC Library.
* Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking, Health and Education issues and discussions.
* Visit to Police Stations & Jail – The Interns would basically observe and interact with Police officers / Jail Authorities and the inmates and appreciate the Jail and Correctional Administration.
* NGO’s- The interns would visit NGOs where they can interact with Children and appreciate the problems.
* Juvenile Home – The interns would visit to observe the children and their living conditions and the Juvenile Justice System in practice.
* Old Age Home – The interns would be exposed to the basic human rights problem of the elderly people and get sensitized.
* Cultural programme would be organized by interns on the eve of Valediction Day of the SIP 2019.
* The interns have to get their registration done on the date of arrival.
* They will have to attend the programme regularly without break.
* Their daily attendance will be marked in a register/ attendance sheet.
* On completion of the Internship, certificates will be issued on the basis of performance on the following criteria:
Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in Class during sessions; State Presentation; Project Presentation & Project Report, Debate, Field Visit Reports and Book Review.
* The interns will be given a Kit/Bag containing NHRC reading material and Intern Identity Card (Temporary)..
* Library facilities will be provided.
* Computer with Internet facilities in a group will be provided.
* Printing of Project Reports, etc.
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed Ordinary Second-Class Train Fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as stipend.
An amount of Rs. 15,000/- will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit.
The last date for the submission of the application is 15th April, 2019 (06:00 PM).
The ‘Application Form’ for Summer Internship Programme 2019 is available at Annexure–I . An Undertaking Form duly filled as at Annexure–II may also be submitted.
Please ensure that the application for SIP 2019 is duly signed and sealed by the Head of the Department (HOD) of the college/university. Applications submitted otherwise will not be accepted.
Kindly note Incomplete applications / applications without attested copies of mark-sheets, caste certificate, etc. BY HEAD OF DEPARTMENT, WHERE THE STUDENT IS PRESENTLY STUDYING are liable to be rejected. Applications sent through e-mails will not be entertained. No application will be accepted after the deadline 15th April, 2019 (06:00 PM).
The Application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ ByHand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for SIP 2019”) to Dr. Sanjay Dubey, Director (Administration), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023.
The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on NHRC website.
For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 011–24663283, 24663371/ 9868393317 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
For more details refer : http://nhrc.nic.in
Information Document and Application Form – Visit
Other Internships In India
Derek O’Connor Scholarship
Closing date for entries: 28th June 2019
Monash University Female Leaders Alumni Monash Engineering Scholarship
APPLICATIONS 13 May – 28 June 2019
Gender and Fisheries Scholarship at AIT (GAFS-AIT Scholarship)
Deadline: 30 June 2019
Women In Finance Scholarship Offered By FINCAD
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON JUNE 30, 2019