Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs
MFA Scholarships for foreign students (academic year 2019-2020)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Cultural and Scientific Relations Division
The Government of Israel is pleased to offer scholarships to foreign students, as agreed in the Cultural Agreements between Israel and the following countries:
Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.
The following countries have a special scholarship arrangement:
Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Great Britain, Finland, France, Japan, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Russia.
Different types of scholarships are offered (not available for veterinary and medicine studies):
1. Summer language courses (Ulpan)
2. One academic year (October to June) for a maximum of eight months (M.A., Ph.D. Post Doctorate or research studies).
* The applicant should hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
* The applicant should be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35 (at the beginning of the academic year). Israeli citizens are not eligible to submit an application for this scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship must receive a student visa (A2), issued by the Israeli embassy to which their application was submitted.
* Proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency.
The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University to which he/she applies. A scholarship will be granted only after the required Institute approves the acceptance of the candidate.
Terms and Conditions:
* Terms and conditions of the scholarship may change from year to year according to the annual budget.
* The scholarship can be granted only once (either for a Summer Language course or for an Academic Year)
The one academic year scholarship includes:
Partial tuition fees - if applied (50% up to a maximum of $ 6,000 for tuition fees of $ 12,000 and higher)
Monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only, October until June)
Basic health insurance*
The partial one academic year scholarship includes:
* Monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only, October until June)
* Basic health insurance*
The Summer Language Course Includes:
1. Full tuition fees
3. 3 weeks' allowance
4. Basic health insurance*
*According to the bilateral agreements between Israel, Poland and the Czech Republic, health insurance is not included.
* Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant's responsibility.
* Scholarships will be granted only for studies in universities and programs approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education.
* Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In order to start the application process, please contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the exact date for submitting applications and to receive more detailed information concerning the process of choosing candidates for scholarship from your country.
Submission of Application
Before downloading and filling out the application forms, please carefully read these important instructions.
Applications should include:
* Completed application form - Download application forms
* Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend
* Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities, or in the case of a research or post doctorate – the relevant Israeli supervisor. Not required for Ulpan Scholarship.
* Official original academic records (or notarized copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student's records
* At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate
Three (3) photographs
Certificate of health
* All of the above should be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy in the applicant's country (in the Netherlands, please follow instructions on website).
* The final date for the submission of application forms is normally no later than November 30.
* Final decision regarding the granting of a scholarship will be made around July of each year.
* The MFA will notify the candidate of his/her acceptance to the scholarship program.
For more details, please write to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please refer the Website : Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs