Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship For Indian Students
THE J.N. TATA ENDOWMENT FOR THE HIGHER EDUCATION OF INDIANS
The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship only at the beginning of the course to Indian nationals for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community
* The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies.
* The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-.
* All selected applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
* The selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
* Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
* Candidates who are at the beginning of the second yearof their overseas studies(Fall 2020 – Spring 2021) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only if the minimum duration of course is 2 years.Scholars who have already awarded the JN Tata Endowment loan scholarship cannot apply again for the same course.
* Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2020-2021. However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
* Candidates not older than 45 years as on 30th June, 2020, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
* Candidates going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
It is a matter of pride to be called a JN Tata Scholar. Staying true to our founder Jamsetjee Nusserwanjee’s vision of rewarding the brightest and the best, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates may note the following points:
* Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
* A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
* The statement of purpose carries considerable weight in the selection process. We have provided some guidance on our web site on how you can construct a good statement of purpose. Please ensure that your statement of purpose is written by you and free from plagiarism.
* After the initial screening of applications, candidates are shortlisted to undergo an online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 12th April, 2020. Timing and other details will be informed accordingly. Candidates shortlisted based on the online test will be called for an interview. Such candidates should upload scanned copies of the required documents on the application form portal in the upload documents section, before the time of the interview.
Candidates should note that to be shortlisted for an interview is no guarantee of receiving the loan scholarship.
* The technical interview, conducted in person at Mumbai or through skype by the Director of the Endowment and a subject expert, from April onwards, carries the most weightage in the selection process. ‘Technical’ refers to evaluation of candidates’ understanding of their subjects – current and future.
* Candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialisation, as shown in their application for admission. They will be examined in depth and detail and greater weight will be given to depth of understanding of the chosen area of study and career path.
* Candidates in the beginning of the 2nd year would be assessed also on their first year/semester of the overseas studies.
The final selection of scholars’ for the award of the loan scholarship is based on the following criteria:
1. Performance at the interview;
2. Score at the online test;
3. Score based on academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL scores, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose and work experience.
All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
* The candidate and the guarantor (preferably a parent or a relative having the capacity to repay the loan) will have to visit the Administrative Office of the Endowment, by prior appointment, to complete the necessary formalities, after obtaining the visa.
* They will be required to enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees and provide documentary evidence of the capacity of the guarantor to repay the loan.
* Candidates must repay the loan scholarship in five equal instalments of 20% between third and seventh year. Candidates must begin to repay earlier than year three if they have started earning.
Registration for the application form will be open between Monday, 9th December, 2019 and Monday, 9th March, 2020 till 12.00 p.m. (noon). The last date for submission of completed application form is Monday, 16th March, 2020 till 12.00 p.m. (noon).
For more details please refer the Scholarship Publisher Website
Other Scholarships In India
Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship For Indian Students
Slovenian Government Bilateral Scholarships For Indian Students
Rotary Foundation Scholarships And Fellowships for Indian Students
Newton International Fellowships…