J.N.Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
J.N.Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
THE J.N. TATA ENDOWMENT FOR THE HIGHER EDUCATION OF INDIANS
The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship only at the beginning of the course to Indian nationals for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community
* The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies.
* The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-.
* All selected applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
* The selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
* Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
* Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2019-2020. However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
* Mid-career professionals not older than 45 years, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
* Candidates need not have the admission/offer letters from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2019-2020 at the time of making the application. Candidates may, therefore, update their application form once they secure admission and submit it again, using the same Login ID.
* Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
Selection For The Award
It is a matter of pride to be called a JN Tata Scholar. Staying true to our founder Jamsetjee Nusserwanjee’s vision of rewarding the brightest and the best, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates may note the following points.
* Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
* A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
* A good statement of purpose will make a significant difference to your chances. We have provided some guidance on our web site on how you can construct a good statement of purpose.
* After the initial screening of applications, candidates who are found suitable will have to undergo an online test which will be based on the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 14-Apr-2019. Timing and other details will be informed accordingly. Candidates shortlisted based on the online test will be called for an interview. Such candidates should upload scanned copies of the required documents on the application form portal in the upload document section, before the time of interview.
* Candidates should note that to be shortlisted for an interview is no guarantee of receiving the loan scholarship.
* The interview carries a significant weightage in the selection process and is conducted at Mumbai or through Skype by a Technical Committee from April 2019 onwards.
* Candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialisation, as shown in their application for admission. They will be examined in depth and detail and the greatest weight will be given to depth of understanding of the chosen area of study and career path.
There will be two interviewers, one of who is a
2. Director of the Endowment
* The final selection of scholars for the award of the loan scholarship is based on the following criteria:
1. Performance at the interview.
2. Score at the online test.
3. Score based on academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL scores, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose, and work experience.
All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
* The candidate and the guarantor (preferably a parent or a relative having the capacity to repay the loan) will have to visit the Administrative Office of the Endowment, by prior appointment, to complete the necessary formalities after obtaining the visa.
* They will be required to enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees and provide documentary evidence of the capacity of the guarantor to repay the loan.
* Candidates are allowed to repay in five equal instalments of 20% of the loan scholarship between third and seventh year. Candidates must begin to repay earlier than year three if they have started earning.
* Candidates are required to register for the J N Tata Endowment loan scholarship for the year 2019-2020 by using their email I.D.
* After successful registration, candidates will be mailed a one-time password valid for 48 hours. Candidates should remember to change the password within 48 hours.
* The application process is completely online. Candidates may complete the application form in one or more visits but must remember to save the draft before exiting each time. There is a preview option before final submission after which candidates will not be able to make any changes.
* Candidates are advised not to leave any field blank: they may write Not applicable wherever necessary.
* Statement of Purpose (SOP):Candidates are required to write a SOP only within the space provided in the application form (not more than 7500 characters). Such SOPs should be specifically addressed to the J N Tata Endowments Loan Scholarship and not be the same as that sent to the universities from where candidates are seeking admission. Please note that you cannot attach or upload such a document.
* Letter of Recommendation (LOR):Candidates are required to mention the recommender’s details in the specific column provided for it in the application form.The LOR should be mailed from their official email I.D. and not from personal email I.D.’s. Recommender’s may be
– a Professor of the College or University OR
– the Employer, in case the applicant is / was working.
The letter of recommendation, specifically addressed to the Trustees of the J.N. Tata Endowment, should be mailed to email@example.com in the following format:
– Subject line should be the candidate’s full name with his registered email-id.
– The recommendation should be in the body of the email itself and not as an attachment and contain the following details :
* Candidate’s academic achievements and potential, projects if any undertaken under recommender’s supervision or otherwise, personality and motivation, professional achievements (for experienced candidates) and contribution to community.
* Recommender’s name, designation, and department, name of college/university/organisation, city, and contact numbers.
* If these instructions are not followed and information given by candidates on the application form is incomplete or incorrect, the application is liable to be rejected. Registration for the application form will be available between Monday,10th December 2018 and Monday, 11th March, 2019 till 12.00 p.m. (noon). The last date for submission of completed application form is Monday, 18th March, 2019 till 12.00 p.m. (noon).
For more details please refer the Scholarship Publisher Website
Other Scholarships In India
J.N.Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship