Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
About Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019
The Ministry of Human Resource Development invites applications from the Indian nationals for the “2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Students enrolled in Graduate Programs“.
Number of nominations: 15 (out of which 10 students would be awarded scholarship by the Government of Republic of Korea).
Level of Course: (i) Master’s, (ii) Doctoral and (iii) Research Programme Subjects Fields:
* Korean Language and Literature
* International Relations (including Korean Studies)
* Electronic Engineering
(1) Applicants applying for Master’s/ Doctoral Programme must be under 40 years of age as of September 1st, 2019 (born after September 1st, 1979).
(2) Applicant who is working as a professor must be under 45 year of age as of September 1, 2019 (born after September 1, 1974).
(1) For Master’s Programme: Applicants must hold or be expected to hold a Bachelor’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31st, 2019.
(2) For Doctoral Programme: Applicants must hold or be expected to hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master’s degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31st, 2019.
(3) For Research Programme: The applicant must have received an invitation from one of National Institute for International Education (NIIED’s) designated Korean universities and must have the following qualification relevant to the proposed study:
(i) Postdoctoral Research Program: Applicants must hold a Doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree by August 31st, 2019
(ii) Professor Exchange Program: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree by August 31 st, 2019.
(iii) Program for Education, Science, Culture, (International Professionals): Applicant must hold or be expected to hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree by August 31st, 2019
(C) Other conditions as set out by the Government of Republic of Korea (please refer to the attached guidelines for the scholarship).
(D) Apart from the above criteria, the applicant must fulfil the following condition:
Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 20.03.2019.
Scholarship benefits: For details about the scholarship benefits, please refer to attached guidelines.
* Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship .
The last date for online application is 20.03.2019.
* The application form prescribed by the Korean Government is attached and is also available on Korean Government Website . The applicants are required to send the duly filled form along with the supporting documents, by 20.03.2019 to the Under Secretary (Scholarship), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block-1, 2nd Floor, Wing- 6, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
Scanned copy of the following documents need to be uploaded at the time of online application at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship.
* Marks sheet and certificate for Secondary Examination
* Marks sheet and certificate for Higher Secondary Examination
* Transcript in respect of the candidate’s higher qualification(s).
* Bachelor’s/Master’s/Doctoral degree or equivalent.
(i) Candidates are required to obtain transcript from their university/institution.
(ii) Applicants who are currently in the last semester/year of his/her study are required to upload the transcript up to the semesters/years completed and need to mention the passing year as 2019.
(iii) the size of the single document must not exceed 530 kb and should be in .pdf form. In case of more than one document to be uploaded at one place, the documents need to be scanned together of can be zipped.
The following criteria would be adopted for shortlisting the candidates:
i) The merit list would be drawn by giving weightage to Centrally Funded Educational Institutions (CFEI’s)/Institution of National Importance and NAAC accredited institutions, from where the candidate is pursuing or has completed his/her qualifying exam.
ii) In case of tie, weightage would be given to the marks obtained in the last qualifying exam. Important notes:
* Employed candidates must obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
* Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
* All information regarding the aforementioned scholarship would be made available on Ministry’s website i.e. http://mhrd.gov.in/scholarships .
* All communication to nominated candidates would be made on their registered/email.
Other Scholarships In India
Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
University of the People Fondation Hoffmann Scholarship
Clarendon Scholarships University of Oxford For Indian Students
Endeavour Awards – Round 2019 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships