WISDOM Educational Foundation Scholarships
Introduction ( Post Graduate Scholarship For Professional Courses For SC ST Students)
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions as given below.
For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
* Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGCAct.
* Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid fromUGC,
* Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/StateGovernment.
* Institutes of National Importance.
Courses which require approval from Regulatory Council i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), NCTIS, NCTE Bar council of India (BCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), INC, FORENSIC REGULATORY & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA are considered professional courses.
Note 1: M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are accepted as “Non-professional courses”:
Note 2: Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjectst hrough correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
* The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspaper and Employment News and also on UGC website.
* The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India vide its letter D.O. No. 18-7/2013-U1A dated 10th June, 2016 has instructed the University Grants Commission that from the financial year 2016-17 onwards the Aadhaar will be used as an identifier for disbursement of all Government subsidies/ Scholarships/Fellowships which are to be disbursed directly into the beneficiary’s account.
The Aadhaar details would be updated by the student through the host University/ Institute/ College after seeking a consent from the awardee as per provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
* The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course and not for extended period of study, if any.
* Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/M.Tech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs.4500/- per month.
* No contingency is payable to the students selected under the scheme with effect from selection year 2017-18.
* The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I year course during the selection year.
* The University/ Institute/ College should verify the application of the candidates with regard to the professional courses as provided in the guidelines.
* After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
* The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
* PFMS will generate payment files of the awardees and scholarship would be paid for the complete duration of the post graduate course.
* Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first year post graduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
* The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
* Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
* Change in course of study will not be permitted.
* Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
* The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
Scholarship of a student may be cancelled in any of the following cases :-
* Failure of the awardee to pass the first year of Post Graduate course in first division or equivalent CGPA score.
* Discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons.
* Candidate is later found ineligible on account of false information provided in the online application or incorrect bank details.
1. Are all candidates pursuing post graduate courses in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes eligible for this award?
No. This scheme is meant only for SC/ST students. General category/ OBC candidates are not eligible to apply under the scheme.
2. Are students belonging to SC/ST category who are pursuing post graduation through correspondence/ distance mode eligible for the award?
No. Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
3.. Are awardees selected under this scheme eligible to draw contingency and HRA?
No. The awardees are only eligible to receive scholarship amount.
4.. Are students of eligible category who are pursuing post graduation and are in the second year of study eligible to apply under the scheme?
No. Only students pursuing first year of postgraduate course during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
For more details and Online Application refer Scholarship Publisher Under UGC Schemes
WISDOM Educational Foundation Scholarships
Kerala State Young Scientist Awards
Vedica Scholars Programme For Women Admission 2019
Last Date : 15th November, 2018
North South Foundation Scholarships 2018-2019