Scholarships In Nagaland
Scholarships In Nagaland
About Scholarships In Nagaland
GOVERNMENT OF NAGALAND, DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, NAGALAND invites applications for Post Matric ST Scholarship, Nagaland (Funded by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India (90%) & Govt. of Nagaland (10%))
Online application: 7th September to 30th November 2020.
Last date of submission of Form hardcopy/Annexure IV: 11th December 2020.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS/INSTITUTIONS
A student should fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for this Scholarship.
1. The applicant must be pursuing post matric (above class X) studies and belong to Scheduled Tribe of Nagaland.
2. The Annual Income of the applicant’s parents from all sources must not exceed ₹ 2.50 lakh (Rupees Two Lakh Fifty Thousand).
3. Applicant must be from Institution which has valid AISHE/UDISE code.
4. Students who have failed in their last examination (repeaters) are not eligible to apply.
5. Students who have availed this scholarship at one stage of education and have passed but are
studying in the same stage of education in different stream/subject e.g., BA after BCom or MSc after MA are not eligible to apply.
6. Students having study break of more than 2 (two) years (last exam passed before 2018) are not
eligible to apply for this scholarship.
7. Applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship scheme
8. Applicant must not be an employee of any government/semi government establishment.
9. Students pursuing Diploma/Certificate Course can also apply provided they fulfil the above criteria (1- 8) and their course duration is not less than two years.
10. Students studying in NIOS can also apply, provided they fulfil criteria 1 to 8 and have the following subject combination
a) For class 11 and 12 level course, the applicant must have passed class 10 with the following subject combination.
i) English ii). Alt English or MIL iii) Science iv) Maths and v) Social Science.
Instruction / Information
1. Bank Account must be that of the applicant. Application form will be rejected if the Bank Account is not of the applicant. In case of minor, joint account should be opened and in all such joint accounts, applicant’s name appearing first in the passbook.
2. Students studying within Nagaland should submit the print out of the online submitted form along with the required documents to their respective institution for verification and compilation of Annexure IV by the institution. For MPhil/PhD applications, Institutions should submit the hard copy of application forms to this Office. No individual scholarship application form submitted to this Office by the applicants studying within Nagaland will be entertained.
3. Students studying outside Nagaland can send the print out of the online submitted form along with the required documents via speed post/hand post to the Scholarship Section, Directorate of Higher Education, Nagaland, Kohima-797001, within the stipulated time
4. For MPhil/PhD applicants:
i. In addition to other documents, PhD applicants should submit copy of the synopsis of proposed Research Work duly countersigned by the Guide or Supervisor and a photo copy of the Registration Card/Letter.
ii. Fresh Application: If the applicant is not in a position to furnish Registration Card/ Letter and Synopsis, submission of Part C(Research) will suffice.
a. Scholar should enclose a copy of the Progress Report of his/her Research Work duly attested and signed by the Guide or Supervisor.
b. PhD Scholars who have not submitted Registration Card/Letter & Synopsis at the time of Fresh Application must enclose them with their Renewal Form.
c. Renewal of PhD applications will be given only to those applicants who have submitted photo copy of their Registration Card/Letter & Synopsis either during submission of their Fresh or Renewal application.
5. The Department will not be responsible for non-receipt of scholarship amount due to wrong/inactive bank account number/details provided by the applicant.
6. Applicant is warned that if he/ she gives false statement/ declarations/ documents etc. or otherwise obtained scholarship through fraudulent means, he/she will be blacklisted and debarred from getting scholarship under this scheme or any other scholarship schemes for the entire period of his/her studies. The scholarship amount if already paid will also be recovered.
7. Incomplete/wrong entries in the e-form or incomplete enclosure of necessary documents will subject to rejection. Correction/rectification after submission will not be entertained.
Attested copies of the following document:
i. Attested Xerox copy of class 10 Admit card.
ii. Attested Xerox copy of class 10 Marksheet.
iii. Attested Xerox Mark Sheet (s) of the last class/year passed. For colleges with semester system, Marksheets of the last two semesters.
iv. Attested Xerox Scheduled Tribe Certificate issued by competent designated authority.
v. Attested Xerox Indigenous Certificate issued by competent designated authority.
vi. Original Income Certificate (Fresh applicants only) –Annexure I/Annexure II/Annexure III issued in the year 2020.
vii. Part B Form (only for applicants studying outside Nagaland)
viii. Part C Form (only for MPhil/PhD Fresh applicant)
ix. Hostel Certificate: (For hostellers only)
a) Applicant staying in recognized hostel outside Nagaland can produce a Hostel Certificate from the hostel warden.
b) Applicant staying in recognized hostel within Nagaland should use the Hosteller Form issued by the Department. Hosteller Forms will be issued to the wardens of recognized hostels for distribution to the bonafide hostellers only. However, due to the pandemic, Hosteller Form for the year 2020 will be issued only if situation permits (will publish in local dailies).
x. Xerox copy of the front page of Bank Passbook.
xi. Xerox copy of the Aadhaar Card.
xii. One recent passport photograph should be pasted on the printed form.
Contact details- 7005405552, query.hescholarship(at)gmail.com
For more information please refer the Information Document
Official Website : https://scholarship.nagaland.gov.in/schemes
The Department of Higher Education: https://highereducation.nagaland.gov.in/
Other Scholarships In India