SIA Youth Scholarship – Singapore Airlines
ABOUT SPIC MACAY Gurukul Anubhav Scholarship Scheme 2019
The SPIC MACAY Gurukul Scholarship scheme began in the year 1986 to enable students to have a glimpse into the age-old guru-shishya tradition. It is an attempt to expose school and college students to a way of life with people who have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of their work with single-minded devotion. Through this scheme, SPIC MACAY provides a student with the rare opportunity to go and stay with a guru for a month during summer vacations (May /June/July) and observe the ethos that exists in a completely different system of education and living than the student’s own.
India’s core competence lies in its knowledge of the inner domain. Increasingly, we are discovering that our educational system is directed towards an easy way out and is making us into ‘Indian nationals’ without providing us with equal opportunities to become Indians. To become a real Indian one has to find a way to claim his/her country fiercely through a rapt faith in its essence, for the very life as it were. We are too full of our belief in a natural, fated kind of our greatness which we assumed was the birthright of India. This was of course, the result of great people – saints and mystics of colossal stature, presence and power. We assumed that since such people seem to be born in the land more or less on order, in a regular stream through history we had something very special in us and that in some odd way we too were like Paramhamsa and Vivekananda, Gandhi, Dayananda, Ramana or Tagore or thousands of less well known men and women of that kind. We forget, every fire needs a spark. An educational system that does not incorporate in its effort to mould the minds of the young in all the dimensions of the Indian experience, is bound at some point to lose what it claims to be the Indian culture. ‘GuruKul – experience offers that ‘spark’ an inspiration that may transform an entire life.
This scheme provides an opportunity to a student to stay with such people for a month and imbibe their wisdom and observe the ethos that exists in an environment completely different from their own – an experience which will be both inspiring and fulfilling. Through it, SPIC MACAY makes an attempt to bring the students closer to a world of wisdom, inspiration, dreams, discovery and exploration. It brings them in contact with such dedicated and acclaimed people who have achieved a lot in their respective fields through the strength that comes from sheer hard work, discipline and inherent talent. It is a voyage of discovery and an exercise in self growth. The student, by interacting with the Guru could learn how visions & dreams were converted into reality, how strength came from within and struggle was something beautiful. This thirty day’s experience would be a holistic education in an environment that inspires, even as it disciplines.
Rules and Regulations which governors the scheme:
1. Age of the applicant as on 31.12.2017 should be between 13 to 26 years.
2. The scholarship is awarded for one full month i.e. thirty days. It can be any time between May to July depending upon the convenience of the Gurus as also the student during his/her summer vacation. This entails staying with a Guru for one month.
3. Applications, which are incomplete in any respect and/or sent through any mode other than prescribed, shall not be entertained.
4. To and from travel expenses to the Guru’s residence, equal to AC 3 railway fare will be borne by SPIC MACAY. To get the refund, the tickets need to be send in original and for E tickets the print out of the tickets need to be attached and sent along with the report.
5. Applicants selected for the interview will be informed through e-mail/post/phone, following which they will have to present themselves at the specified centres. Please note that the traveling expenses incurred for interviews will not be reimbursed and have to be borne by the applicants.
6. The report for the scholarship should reach us within four weeks from the last date of stay with the guru .
7. While the selection panel does its utmost to place applicants with one of the gurus of their choice, this may not always be possible. In such cases the decision of the panel shall be final.
8. Circumstances when the security deposit will not be refunded are as follows :
9. The student does not complete the full one month duration of stay with the guru.
10. Disciplinary issues reported by the Guru.
11. The soft copy of the report is not submitted within four weeks from the last day at the gurukul.
12. Once the student is selected , the following details need to be sent to the National Coordinator for further processing within two weeks*.
13. Only Cheque of Rs 5000/-(Five thousand only) payable to “SPICMACAY” and send to Delhi at the registered address. This amount will be refunded after the student submits the report of the completion and experience at the Gurukul. The report needs to be send in a word file and send as an attachment via email to national coordinator.
The hard copy of the same may be sent by post too.
14. The name in whose favour the reimbursement cheque is to be issued and the postal address or bank details
15. One Self addressed stamped envelope should be attached
( If gurukul scholar does does not send the report and reimbursement details within four weeks,we will not consider it further. Only college students are eligible to apply for the Monastery of H.H. The Dalai Lama.)
For more details and application form please refer Scholarship Publisher Link
Other Scholarships In India
SIA Youth Scholarship – Singapore Airlines
MKG Scholarship For Girl Child India Foundation HelpChess Scholarships In India
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level…
AMP invites applications for its Higher Education Scholarship Fund for the Year 2018 Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP) is a […]