University of Essex Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship (Undergraduate)
As you are aware that the Government of India has been implementing the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of “Top Class Education” since 2007. It aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs by providing full financial support. The scheme covers SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class. Under this Scheme, the students who get admission in the Institutions notified by this Ministry are eligible to get financial support as scholarship for covering four items namely:
* full tuition fee and non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum per student for private sector institutions and Rs.3.72 lakhs per annum per student for the private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses)
* living expenses to the beneficiary @ Rs. 2220/- per month per student
* books and stationery @ Rs. 3000/- per annum per student and
* a latest computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer limited to Rs. 45000/- per student as one time assistance during the course.
2. The eligibility criteria for the Scheme is listed below:
* Those SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 6.00 lakh and having secured admission in a full-time course in any of the notified institutions according to the general selection criteria prescribed by the concerned institution, will be eligible for scholarship under the Scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships (slots) allocated to the institution for the course.
* In case the number of eligible students admitted exceeds the number of slots allotted to the institution, the scholarship will be restricted to the top students in the inter-se merit list based
on the admission criteria for the course. However, if there is more than one student with equal marks for the last available slot in an institution, preference should be given to the student with the lowest family income. The remaining students from SC category admitted in the institution shall be eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) administered by this Ministry through State Governments/UT Administrations, provided such students are otherwise eligible under the said scheme.
* In case the institution finds that the number of eligible candidates in the 1st year are less than the number of slots allotted to it, the balance slots may be offered to eligible students studying in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, etc. on the basis of inter-se merit of previous year’s result giving priority to those with higher number of years left to complete their respective course i.e. 2nd year students are to get priority over the 3rd year students and so on.
* Thirty percent (30%) of slots allotted to the Institution shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit. In the absence of sufficient number of girl students, the slots may be transferred to eligible boy students as per their inter-se merit.
* However, the 30% slots as mentioned above will not include those girl students who are selected on the basis of their performance in the overall merit list of SC students of the Institution.
* The benefit of the Scheme will not be provided to more than 2 siblings in a family. The students will submit an affidavit in the Institution to certify that he/she is not the third sibling of the family who is availing benefit under the Scheme.
* The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to pass the final examination of each year or any terminal examination or semester examination prescribed. He will, however, remain eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship.
3. The institutes are required to register their credential on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) (if not registered last year). The URL of the NSP is http://scholarship.gov.in.It is intimated that
the fresh proposals of batch 2018-19 and renewal proposals of batch 2017-18 would be handled through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) only.
4. The online applications must be submitted by the students before 15-01-2019. These applications should be verified/ rejected by the Institutes based of the inter-se merit amongst the eligible students and available number of slots to them by 31-01-2019. Batch-wise proposals in physical form duly signed and authenticated by the prescribed authority of the Institutions, may be furnished to this Ministry in the official letterhead including details of selected students in AnnexureA/B with photo copies of supporting documents such as Aadhaar, Caste Certificate, Income Certificate(s), Score card of entrance examination, Bills, etc. before 10-02-2019.
5. For rest of the renewal cases batch-wise proposals as done in the past years, signed and authenticated by the prescribed authority of the institutions, may be furnished (in papers) to this Ministry in the official letterhead including details of students in Annexure-B with photo copies of supporting documents such as Aadhaar, Score card of previous academic year, Bills, etc. before 15.02.2019.
6. Following documents should be accompanied with renewal proposal:
* Declaration by the Institute that the students are not getting any scholarship either from the State government or from the Ministry/ Department of Government of India.
* Separate break up of Annual fee/ Other non-refundable charges.
* Proof whether the students are hostellers or day scholars.
* The Bank Authorization letter of the Institute should be countersigned by the authorized signatory of the Bank along with official seal. The Bank account should not be in the name of the Director/Principal/Registrar/Accounts Officer etc. It should be in the name of the Institute only.
Utilization Certificates in the prescribed form GFR-12(A) along with signature of the scholarship holders/beneficiaries towards the amount received by them. Proper entries such as name of the Institution/Sanction Letter No./Date of Sanction Letter/Amount of sanction may be made in the UC.
* A copy of the result of last year/last term final examination with clear mention that he/she has passed the examination.
* List of students who have been promoted to Higher Class and list of failed students.
* The institutes, while verifying the application of students, MUST verify that the income certificate of the student is issued by the Revenue Officer of the State from which he belongs. A list of authorized Revenue Officer of the States is enclosed. No ITR or Form-16 of the parent will be entertained.
While applying for the fresh proposals of 2018-19 following things must be kept in mind:
* The tuition fee and other non-refundable charges would be paid to institute.
* The Boarding and Lodging charges, Books and Stationery charges and computer charges would be paid to students directly.
* The other non-refundable charges MUST not include Boarding and Lodging charges, Books and Stationery charges and computer charges.
* The institute MUST keep the boarding and lodging charges restricted to Rs.2,220/- per month i.e. Rs.26,640/- per annum. It MUST not claim more than this.
* The Book and Stationery charges MUST be restricted to Rs.3,000/- per annum.
* The Computer and Accessories charges MUST be restricted to Rs.45,000/- and it is a one time assistance during the course.
* All the charges claimed by the institute (including Annual fee and other Non- refundable charges) MUST be filled in “Tuition fee” column of the portal.
* All the charges claimed by the student MUST be filled in “Other Lump Sum entitlement” column of the portal.
* The amount ‘0’ must be filled in the column “Admission fee”.
* The institute MUST be very careful in verifying the applications as the amount once filled/verified can not be altered.
* The institute MUST verify those number of applications only, keeping in view slots allotted to them against the notified course(s). In case, the number of applications verified is more
than the allocated slots, no proposal of the institute would be cleared.
8. The revised guidelines for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC Students is enclosed at Annexure-I. In case of any queries, mail can be sent at the mail ID “email@example.com”.
Other Scholarships In India
University of Essex Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship (Undergraduate)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP)
Last Date : Applications for study commencing in 2020 will close 19 July 2019.
USTM-Asam Sahitya Sabha Scholarships & Fellowships
Last date of form Submission : 15th June 2019 for UG Scholarships & 20th July for PG Scholarships
INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship About INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship Description: Deepak Gupta […]