Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for class 11 students
Last date : 31.03.2020
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) has been established in the year 2007 as an autonomous academic institution under Department of Space, Government of India. IIST is committed to (i) attract talented students,(ii) putting in place a system which ensures high academic standards, (iii) actively encourage innovative research in areas of relevance to space science, space technology, space applications and other related basic sciences areas. Applications are invited for admission to the following Post Graduate programmes of the Institute for the academic year 2020-2021. The total number of seats in each programme is Six*, supernumerary 10% seats (i.e., 9 PG seats) from 90 seats are additionally offered for EWS candidates. *Additionally up to four seats per programme (including EWS seats) may become available on account of unfilled sponsored seats.
Programme – Code Department Name of the Branch Educational Qualification
MAE01 -Aerospace Engineering Thermal and Propulsion (i) B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering (ii) A valid GATE Score in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or XE papers MAE02 Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics MAE03 Structures and Design (i) B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Production Engineering (ii) A valid GATE Score in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or XE papers MAV01 Avionics RF and Microwave
Engineering (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Avionics/Electronics and Communication/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication (ii) A valid GATE Score in Electronics and Communication Engineering
MAV02 Avionics Digital Signal Processing (i) B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Avionics/Electronics and Communication/ Telecommunication/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and
Telecommunication (ii) A valid GATE Score in Electronics and Communication Engineering. MAV03 VLSI and Microsystems (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Avionics/Electronics and Communication/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication (ii) A valid GATE score in Electronics and Communication Engineering. MAV04 Control Systems (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Avionics/Electrical and Electronics / Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation / Instrumentation and Control Engineering/Electronics and Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication. (ii) A valid GATE score in Electronics and Communication
Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering/Electrical Engineering. MAV05 Power Electronics (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Avionics/ Electrical Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering /Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering/Electronics and Electrical Engineering /Electronics and Telecommunication and related areas. (ii) A valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering. MMA01 Mathematics Machine Learning and Computing (i) M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Mathematics and Computing
OR (ii) B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Avionics/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Information Technology/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (iii) A valid GATE Score in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science and Information Technology / Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering.
MCH01 Chemistry Materials Science and Technology (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Polymer Science and Technology/ Chemical Engineering/ Rubber Technology/ Metallurgical Engineering/Materials Science/Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Production and Industrial Engineering/ Plastic Technology OR M.Sc/M.S in Chemistry (all branches)/Physics/Material Science/ Nanoscience and Technology (ii) A valid GATE score in Engineering Sciences/Chemical Engineering/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production and Industrial Engineering/ Chemistry/Physics.MPH01 Physics Optical Engineering
(i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Engineering Physics OR M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ M.S. (Integrated)
Physics. (ii) A valid GATE score in Electronics and Communication/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering/Physics.
MPH02 Solid State Technology (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Engineering Physics. OR M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ M.S. (Integrated) Physics. (ii) A valid GATE score in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Physics. MES01 Earth and Space Sciences Earth System Science (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Avionics, Electronics and ommunication Engineering,Electrical Engineering, Electronics and ElectricalEngineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Physical Sciences, Agricultural Engineering, Engineering Science , Instrumentation Engineering, Engineering Physics. OR M.Sc. in Physics/Mathematics. (ii) A valid GATE score in Aerospace Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Engineering Sciences/ Agriculture Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering/ Physics/ Mathematics. Programme Code Department Name of the Branch Educational Qualification Note: Students with M. Sc. degree must have studied Physics, Mathematics at the B. Sc. level. Students having B. Tech or BE in other branches of engineering will be considered only if they have appropriate experience in related areas of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences/ Meteorology/ Geology/ Remote Sensing etc
MES02 Earth and Space Sciences Geoinformatics (i) B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Civil/Avionics/Physical Sciences/ Engineering Sciences/ Geoinformatics/ Agricultural Engineering OR M.Sc in Mathematics/Physics (ii) A valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/Civil Engineering/Engineering Sciences/Agricultural Engineering /Mathematics/Physics/ Geology and Geophysics / Atmospheric Ocean Sciences MES03 Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics (i) B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Avionics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Physical Sciences, Engineering Science, Instrumentation Engineering, Engineering Physics Electronics Engineering. OR Master of Science / M.Sc. in Physics, Space Physics, Space Science, Space Science and Technology (ii) A valid score in any one of the following: a. GATE in any one of these subjects – Physics/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Engineering Sciences. b. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) in Physics. c. JRF(NET)CSIR / JRF(NET)UGC /JRF(CSIR) / NET LECTURESHIP in Physical Sciences
1. Age limit: 32 years as on 08.06.2020. Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ST/Persons with disability(PD) category as per Government of India Orders. No age relaxation for OBC/women and EWS candidates.
2. Educational Qualification & Eligibility: B.E./B.Tech./Master of Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10 for General / EWS & OBC category and minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.00 out of 10 for SC/ST&PD category . A valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET/CSIR-NET in relevant area as the case may be, as specified above is essential.
3. When CGPA & equivalent percentage are both provided in the mark list/certificate, CGPA alone would be considered for eligibility.
1. Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
2. Applications received online only will be considered for processing under any circumstances.
3. The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the candidate while filling the profile.
4. The applicants who wish to apply for more than one programme shall exercise their order of preference of Post Graduate Programmes, at the time of applying itself.
5. Applicants can choose a maximum of Six preferences within or across all the departments. The preference once exercised shall be final.
6. SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS/Persons with Disabilities (PD) candidates shall upload the relevant certificates as per the format available in admission portal before the last date of online application. OBC-NCL certificates issued after 01/04/2020 only will be accepted.
6(a) If you do not possess a valid GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category Certificate (due to current situation), please fill the enclosed undertaking and upload the same.
6(b) After submission of undertaking, if a candidate fails to submit a valid GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category Certificate (issued after 01/04/2020) on or before 17/08/2020, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled. (6a & 6b updated on 19.05.2020 @1100hrs)
7. Applications of SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PD candidates will be processed only after the receipt of the relevant proof online. In other words, non-submission of proof online will lead to rejection of application.
8. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PD is applicable as per Govt. of India Orders.
9. In case of ST seats falling vacant, it will be filled by SC category candidates.
10. Application fee is Rs.600/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates who are male (Rs.300/- for SC, ST, PD and women candidates) up to three preferences (within or across all the departments) and Rs.1200/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates who are male (Rs.600/- for SC, ST, PD and women candidates) for four to maximum six preferences (within or across all the departments)
11. The application fee shall be paid through online only. The last date of registration and payment of application fee is 08.06.2020.
12. The application fee is non-refundable.
13. For the M.Tech. Programmes offered by Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and M.Tech.in Digital Signal Processing, RF and Microwave Engineering and VLSI and Microsystems offered by Department of Avionics, candidates will be rank listed based only on the valid GATE score. An admission list would be prepared based on the rank list & available number of vacancies & preference given by the candidate.
14. The shortlist will be prepared based on GATE score for the other M. Tech./Master of Science programmes offered by Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics and Avionics. The applicants who are shortlisted for M.Tech./Master of Science programmes for above mentioned programmes are required to appear for an Interview. List of shortlisted candidates for interview for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics and Avionics, will be displayed in the IIST website on 17th June 2020*. Shortlisted candidates may download their interview call letter from the website.
15. Interview will be conducted through video conferencing. Details will be announced later.
16. A provisional admission list will be prepared based on the GATE score, interview test score, number of vacancies & preferences given by the candidate.
17. After the provisional admission list is published, the candidate has to remit their first semester fee through online (SBI Collect) within the stipulated date.
18. In case the candidate in the provisional admission list fails to remit the fee within the stipulated date, the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the rank/wait list.
19. All candidates who are in the rank list should confirm their willingness to be considered for further allotments in the web portal by choosing “Revalidate and proceed” option on specified dates as given in Table 2.
20. The candidates who do not confirm their willingness using the revalidate option on the specified dates will not be considered for any future vacancies or for any change in the branch of higher preference. (However, their existing allotment would be retained if they pay the fees.)
21. The order of preference given by the candidate cannot be changed once the application is submitted. However, the candidate can withdraw from the allotted programmes in which they appear in the Allotment list/waiting list.
22. If the candidate with a confirmed seat, after paying fees, wishes to withdraw before the commencement of the class, he/she may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The fee will be refunded as per UGC Guidelines and for details refer to Table 3 (withdrawal of confirmed seats after remitting the fees.)
23. Students who are completing their qualifying degree programme in 2019-20 will have to provide the consolidated mark list/mark lists of all semesters along with Provisional/Degree Certificate on or before October 31, 2020. Till the date of submission of degree Certificate, the admission will be treated as provisional and such students who have not submitted the degree certificate/verification certificate/Graduation certificate will not be eligible for scholarship. Also those students who have not submitted the Degree certificate/Transfer certificate/Provisional certificate before 1700 hrs on October 31, 2020 shall be disqualified and such students shall not be eligible to continue their studies at IIST further. On submission of the certificate on or before October 31, 2020, the scholarship will be paid with effect from the date of commencement of classes or from the date of admission to the programme whichever is earlier.
24. Students who have completed their qualifying degree prior to and for 2019-20 will have to produce all the certificates and TC in original at the time of admission.
25. M.Tech students with valid GATE score will be receiving scholarship through AICTE.
26. Students selected for Master of Science programme, the scholarship will be paid by IIST or respective CSIR/UGC fellowship.
27. Candidates who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” at the time of interview.
28. The M.Tech./Master of Science students will be required to assist the Departments in academic activities as and when required.
29. Students who are selected for the admissions have to join the course on the specified dates as given in Table 1. Dates for starting of classes for these students are also given in Table 1.
* These dates are tentative and could change depending on the situation of the pandemic Covid-19 in the country.
1. Online application can be made through http://admission.iist.ac.in. Read instructions thoroughly before filling up of the application. To complete the application process, please check all the boxes corresponding to the declarations. A login ID and password will be sent through online for the successfully completed applicants.
2. For course registration and setting the preference for various program, re-login using the login ID. Select courses and submit, a fee registration number will be generated. With the profile registration number and the fee registration number you can make application fee payment through bill desk.
3. Short list / Rank list will be published on 17.06.2020 (For All PG programmes). The shortlisted candidates from Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and M.Tech.in Digital Signal Processing, RF and Microwave Engineering and VLSI and Microsystems offered by Department of Avionics would be offered admission based on their GATE score only. Using the login ID and password, the candidate can confirm their seats through online web portal. First semester fee has to be remitted through “SBI Collect” to confirm the seat.
4. A fresh allotment list will be prepared and updated in IIST website every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1700 hrs, if vacancies exist. The candidate in the allotment list has to remit the stipulated fees on or before the subsequent Wednesday, Friday and Monday 0900hrs to confirm their candidature to the program and branch allotted. Any change in the aforementioned schedule would be notified in the website.
5. If the candidate’s highest preference is allotted and if he/she fails to remit the fees in the stipulated time, then his/her candidature will be cancelled.
6. If candidate is allotted one of his/her lower preferences and he/she does not remit the fees, then the candidate will be eligible for being considered for his/her higher preference provided he/she chooses “Revalidate and Proceed” option as per Table 2.
7. Candidates can login to their web portal and withdraw from the allotted programmes in which they appear in the allotment list/wait list. The order of preferences cannot be altered.
8. All candidates would be considered for allotments in the subsequent vacancy filling rounds only if the candidate chooses “REVALIDATE and PROCEED “option in the web portal on specified dates given in Table 2.
PG programmes in Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and M.Tech.in Digital Signal Processing, RF and Microwave Engineering and VLSI and Microsystems offered by Department of Avionics : – 03/07/2020 to 06/07/2020 (Tentative)*
All PG Programmes : – 31/07/2020 to 03/08/2020 (Tentative)*, 21/08/2020 to 23/08/2020 (Tentative)* , 28/08/2020 to 30/08/2020 (Tentative)* , 04/09/2020 to 06/09/2020 (Tentative)*
Note: The candidates who have paid the fees, who wish to withdraw from the program should do so as per the details given in the Table 3 below
PG programmes in Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and M.Tech.in Digital Signal Processing, RF and Microwave Engineering and VLSI and Microsystems offered by Department of Avionics : – Cancellation charges : – Will be announced later
Other PG programmes : – Cancellation charges : – Will be announced later
For more details refer the Official Website : https://www.iist.ac.in/
Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for class 11 students
Last date : 31.03.2020
Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for students pursuing fulltime ITI
Last date : 31.03.2020
Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for Under Graduate Students
Last Date : 31.03.2020
Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for Students pursuing Fulltime Post-Graduate Courses
Last Date : 31.03.2020