Amgen Scholars Program
Amgen Scholars Program
About – Amgen Scholars Program
Amgen Scholars is an international program funded by the Amgen Foundation with direction and technical assistance provided by Harvard University.
Every year, the Amgen Scholars Asia Program provides sixty selected undergraduate students throughout the world with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of Asia’s premier educational institutions. Currently, four institutions in Asia host the summer research program. The Amgen Foundation has committed $74 million over sixteen years to this global initiative to make the opportunity possible for thousands of students.
Inspiring the Scientists of Tomorrow
As Amgen Scholars, students will have the opportunity to:
• Take part in important institution research projects, gain hands-on lab experience and contribute to the advancement of science;
• Interact with and receive guidance from faculty mentors, including some of Asia’s top academic scientists; and
• Participate in engaging scientific seminars, workshops and other networking events.
The Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium
A signature component of the summer program is a symposium hosted at the National University of Singapore where students hear firsthand from leading scientists working in industry and academia. The Asia symposium provides students with a valuable opportunity to discuss their research, learn about drug discovery and development, and network with other Amgen Scholars from all over Asia and the world.
Academic Research Areas
Any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture and delivery of human therapeutics, as well as the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise.
Financial support is a critical component of the Amgen Scholars Program. Please note that details vary by host institution. See each institution’s summer research program website for more information.
Eligibility For Amgen Scholars Program
Amgen Scholars Asisa Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
• Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
• At minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
• Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least one semester or one quarter.
Host Institutions in Asia
1. Kyoto University
2. National University of Singapore
3. The University Of Tokyo
4. Tsinghua University
Asia Program applicants must also have:
• A strong record of academic performance; and
• A good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
• An interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Each of the four host institutions in Asia has its own application process, but the application deadline for all is in early February.
For questions related to the Asia Program, check out amgenscholars.com or contact the Amgen Scholars Global Program Office at amgenscholarsglobal(at)harvard.edu or +1 617-384-6758.
Scholarship Publisher Link
Amgen Scholars Program – Information Document
Other Scholarships In India