G.N.Ramachandran Gold Medal for Excellence in Biological Sciences And Technology
Last Date : 31.05.2019
Smart India Hackathon
Innovation and entrepreneurship are at the peak in India. In order to make development a comprehensive mass movement and innovate on all fronts, MHRD, AICTE, i4c and Persistent Systems have come together to organise Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2019 – a unique Open Innovation Model for identifying new and disruptive technology innovations to solve the challenges faced in our country. It’s a non-stop product development competition, where problem statements are posed to technology students for innovative solutions. It can help to:
* Harness creativity & expertise of students
* Spark institute-level hackathons
* Build funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
* Crowdsource solutions for improving governance and quality of life
* Provide opportunity to citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems
Smart India Hackathon 2019 is a nationwide initiative to provide students a platform to solve some of pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem solving.
The last edition of the hackathon saw over 5 million+ students from various engineering colleges compete for the top prize at 35+ locations.
In Smart India Hackthon 2019, the students would also have the opportunity to work on challenges faced within the private sector organisations and create world class solutions for some of the top companies in the world, thus helping the Private sector hire the best minds from across the nation.
* An initiative by Ministry of HRD, AICTE, Persistent Systems, i4c and Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini
* Involves 1 Lakh+ technical students, 3000+ technical institutions, 200+ organizations from across India
* World’s biggest Software and Hardware hackathon
* 3rd edition of highly successful Smart India Hackathon initiative
* Technology Students across India compete to creatively solve problems and offer technical solutions
* Harness expertise of students from IISc, IITs, NITs and AICTE/UGC approved institutions
* Get innovative solutions to your problems in cost effective ways
* Opportunity to brand your organization nationally
* Recognition and visibility for your organization across all technical institutions in India
* Young techies from all over the country offer out-of-the-box solutions to your problems
* Be part of World’s biggest Open Innovation Movement
* Opportunity to work with some of the best talent in the country
Smart Communication : Designing devices which would help in easing communication chennels between various communication devices and points.
Agriculture & Rural Development : Designing devices keeping in mind the need to enhance the primary sector of India – Agriculture and the lives of our Rural Population.
Food Technology : Creating state of art solutions to manage and process our agriculture produce.
Waste management : Solutions could be in the form of waste segregation, disposal, and improved transportation system.
Renewable Energy : Innovative ideas that help manage and generate renewable sources more efficiently.
Miscellaneous : Technology ideas in tertiary sectors like Hospitality, Financial Services, Entertainment, Tourism and Retail.
Healthcare & Biomedical devices : Designing devices that would help in managing healthcare better.
Smart Vehicles : Creating intelligent devices to improve commutation facilities, quality of travel experience and overall travel safety features hardware.
Robotics and Drones : There is a need design drones and robots that can solve some of the pressing challenges of India such as handling medical emergencies, search and rescue operations, etc.
Clean water : Creating state-of-the-art devices to improve distribution, management and purification of water.
Security & Surveillance : Creating state-of-the-art safety and security technologies for India.
Registrations for College SPOCS and Student teams; Idea Submissions are open.
Deadline to submit ideas – 20th January 2019!
Smart India Hackthon 2019 Publisher Link
Students Innovation is an open category in which teams can propose a digital or product development solution to address a real time issue faced by India under the mentioned technology bucket.
Last Date : 31.05.2019
Bioenergy-Awards for Cutting Edge Research B-ACER
Student Internships & Fellowships
Last date : 30.04.2019
Rookie Awards 2019
It’s open to young creatives in visual effects, animation, games, virtual reality, motion graphics and 3d visualisation
Last Date : 31.05.2019
The 20th JQA International Environmental Children’s Drawing Contest
Eligibility : Children aged 7 through 15
Registration Deadline : The application must reach us by May 31, 2019