About IDEX FELLOWSHIP
IDEX Is Developing The Next Wave Of “Social Intrapreneurs” Who Will Support, Lead And Advance The Work Of Socially-Focused Enterprises Around The World!
This Fellowship is for young professionals (21 – 35 years old) from across the globe who want to deep dive into the social impact sector and get first hand experience of working in one of India’s most popular and vibrant social enterprise destinations, Bangalore.
Fellows choose a sector of their interest such as Education, Health, Environment and Energy, Women’s Empowerment, Livelihoods, Impact Investing etc., to base their full-time placement with an organisation for 6 months in India.
The program is committed to helping fellows make the transition to social enterprise practitioner by enabling immersive learning experiences and having them ideate, develop, prototype and test solutions in an environment that encourages co-creation and collaboration, all while also learning from peers, resident mentors and sector experts.
We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
* Bachelors or Masters degree
* A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
* Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
* A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
* An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
* Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
* Pre-departure Virtual Training
* Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
* Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
* Monthly capacity building workshops
* Networking opportunities
* An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors and a curated curriculum
* A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
* Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
* Post-fellowship support
* Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
* Strategically transitioning your professional skills to service the development sector in one of the biggest emerging markets
* Adding professional credibility with this one of a kind, on the ground experience
* Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows bring to the program.
* Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
* Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
* A global family for life!
Applications Open – 1st February, 2019
Early Bird Application Deadline – 1st March, 2019
Application Deadline – 15th April, 2019
Fellowship Start Date – 2nd July, 2019
Fellowship End Date – 20th December, 2019
IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however, through funding from generous sponsors, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition.
With each succeeding cycle, we’ve been reviewing many more applications. We follow a first-come-first-considered approach when reviewing applications. This means that your chances of acceptance and a greater scholarship award for the fellowship program are higher the sooner you apply and can avail preferred payment plans.
We actively encourage you to ensure you apply for our generous scholarship awards as applies to you, the IDEX Scholarship (Men and Women) and InvestWISE Scholarship (Women only).
Fellowship Publisher Link
Other Fellowships In India