University of Essex Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship (Undergraduate)
About Indian Institute of Management – IIM Ranchi Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Introduction of Post-Doctoral Fellowship
In order to create supportive climate for research and invite young persons who have earned their Ph.D. and have publication records may be invited for post-doctoral fellowship. These people will be working in collaboration with existing regular faculty of IIM Ranchi. They may be awarded a fellowship of Rs. 50,000/- per month and contingency grant of Rs. 50,000/- per annum. They will be doing research as well as publishing and contributing to IIM Ranchi community as a researcher. They may also help the faculty member in evaluating and preparation of teaching materials. Based on their performance in 1st year their contract may be renewed for one more year. The standard operating procedure for the above agenda is as under.
* Accounting & Finance
* General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
* Information Systems
* Marketing Management
* Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
* Operations Management
* Strategic Management
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Management (PDFM) is designed keeping in view IIM Ranchi’s goal to create a high quality research environment in the institute. Its objective is to support high quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record. It would be instituted in IIMR as part of its research outreach activities. Up to five fellowships would be made available per year. The fellowships are granted for an initial period of one year, which can be extended by another year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. The final number of positions awarded in a given year will depend on the number of suitable candidates identified through quarterly screening process. The research work during the postdoctoral period should be in areas that are of interest both to the postdoctoral fellows and the Institute. Fellows selected for the PDFM will conduct academic research jointly with a resident faculty member in their area of interest. Broadly, PDFM would focus on the issues faced by businesses- small or large, public or private in developing and developed countries. Hailing from institutes in India and from abroad, the fellows would come with a diverse set of Ph.D. backgrounds including those grounded in the basic disciplines. While some join immediately upon completion of their Ph.Ds, others may come to with some work experience. The Fellows would add significantly to the academic vibrancy of the IIM Ranchi through their own research, as well as by working jointly with faculty members on research, by presenting seminars, and by aiding in teaching.
1. The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of 2 years, with continuation of fellowship in the second year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. In no case will the fellowship be extended beyond two years.
2. Fellows will conduct academic research jointly with a resident faculty member in their area of interest. The goal will be to publish in top, internationally recognized journals.
3. Apart from the research pursued by the post-doctoral research fellow, her/his services may be utilized by the Area for up to 10 hours per week for academic assistance in the Area’s work majorly for research assistance, but could also be for teaching and handling of tutorials in certain cases.
4. The FPM Committee will meet at the end of first year of fellowship to assess the performance of the post-doctoral fellow. The candidate should present a progress report detailing the research work carried out and research findings supported by manuscripts of the papers published/accepted/ under review for publication or working papers for this purpose. It is expected that at the end of the first year, the candidate will have published at least two papers in the working paper series of the Institute.
5. At the end of two years, the candidate may be issued a certificate of completion postdoctoral fellowship in management by IIM Ranchi after a review to determine adequacy of the candidate’s research contribution while holding the post-doctoral research fellowship at IIM Ranchi.
6. If the post-doctoral fellow wishes to leave the program before the end of the tenure, he/she can do so with prior approval of the FPM committee giving one month’s notice. The fellowship may be terminated by the Institute if the performance/conduct of the fellow is unsatisfactory after giving one month’s notice to the post-doctoral fellow.
1. Each selected Research Fellow would receive a grant of approximately Rs. 50,000 per month.
2. Contingency Grant: A contingency grant of Rs. 50,000 per annum will be provided to the post- doctoral research fellow for research purposes.
3. The IIM Ranchi would pay the expenses for a fellow to attend one conference abroad from an approved list of conferences if their joint paper with a resident faculty member is accepted for presentation at that conference.
4. Office space will be provided to post-doctoral research fellows along with a computer and printer. They will be issued special research library card, enabling them to borrow up to ten books from the library at a time.
5. A post-doctoral research fellow will be eligible for leave from the fellowship not exceeding 30 days in a year for each completed year of the fellowship. The leave can be availed on a pro-rata basis for the duration (on a 6 months’ basis) of the fellowship completed.
* Applicants must have a consistently good academic record and demonstrated research potential. and
* Candidates with a Ph.D. Degree or who have submitted their thesis for Ph.D degree may also apply. The thesis must be in appropriate discipline. and
* The age limit for applicants for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be a maximum of 40 years (this limit may be relaxed by 5 years for women and reserved category).
1. Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to campus to present their research before a final decision is made.
2. Past research I Ph.D. thesis work demonstrating potential for scholarly work would facilitate the initial shortlist process.
3. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for on-campus presentation and interview.
4. The candidates selected for the PDFM will be attached to the given area and will be associated with a faculty member of the group who will essentially perform the role of a mentor and collaborator.
5. Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty.
Using one application, an applicant can apply for one area of specialization. The application fee for SC/ST/PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PWD as per the govt. act) applicants is Rs. 500/-. For others, the application fee is Rs. 1000/-.
Mode of Applications: Only Online applications will be accepted.
Click here for Apply Online. For online application, all the credentials of certificates, mark sheets etc. must be brought at the time of selection interview.(Please avoid using special characters such as single or double quote etc while filling details in the online Application Form.
The last date for receiving the Online application form is March 22, 2019.
Doctoral Programme Office
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280113/Extn-163
Fax: +91 651 2280940
Other Fellowships In India
University of Essex Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship (Undergraduate)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP)
Last Date : Applications for study commencing in 2020 will close 19 July 2019.
USTM-Asam Sahitya Sabha Scholarships & Fellowships
Last date of form Submission : 15th June 2019 for UG Scholarships & 20th July for PG Scholarships
INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship About INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship Description: Deepak Gupta […]