NSDL e-Gov Scholarship Scheme for Cyber Security Course
About India-Czech Bilateral Scientific and Technological Cooperation
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS) of the Republic of Czech invite joint R&D proposals under the India Czech Scientific and Technological Cooperation Programme during March 15, 2019 to July 31, 2019.
* To strengthen and to expand relations between scientific communities, making possible exchanges between Indian and Czech Republic research groups, in the framework of joint scientific and technological projects, selected by the parties.
* Promote implementation of joint projects able to bind R&D centres with enterprises from both the countries.
Who are Eligible and Subject Areas?
1. Scientists/Faculty Members working in regular capacity in recognized universities/deemed universities, academic institutes and national research & development laboratories/ institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). One CO-PI is mandatory to be part of proposed project. However, number of CO-PI may be more than one as per rationale of project objectives and desired expertise.
2. The Indian PI should not be retiring during the proposed duration of the project.
3. The proposal should include research partners as PI and CO-PI from Czech research institutes/ universities with clear demarcation of objectives to be carried out by both research teams.
4. In order to qualify for such funding, investigators are required to have a concrete and sound research proposal targeting the interest of both the nations on any of the following areas:
The priority areas for this Call mutually agreed are as given below:
a) Information and communication technologies;
b) Natural sciences and biotechnology;
c) New materials and nanotechnology;
d) Medical sciences (including pharmaceutical sciences) and food safety;
e) Research of climate change, environment and energy.
Criteria of Selection:
The program is aimed to support the realization scientific work for international scientific and technological cooperation with a view to acquiring new knowledge, promoting scientific exchange between countries and to foster the development of close links and cooperation between scientific organizations from the Republic of India and the Republic of Czech. Proposals will undergo a quality evaluation taking into account the following criteria:
1. Project: Creativity and Originality, Need and Importance of objectives for both the nations, coherence between objectives, methodology and work plan
2. Research Group: Scientific and technological competence of the research group in proposed area, background research
3. Cooperation: Relevance and Criticality of the missions, background and desirability of the cooperation
The assessment of relevance will also be taken into account:
1. The overall mandate of the DST and MEYS.
2. The capacity building plan targeting young researchers, specified in the project.
3. The incorporation of new groups in the cooperation program (priority will be awarded to those proposals that had not received similar kind of funding earlier).
4. The Indian scientists who are involved in any capacity in the implementation of two or more ongoing projects (not expected to be completed by March 31, 2019), being supported by the international division of DST are not eligible to be a member of the research team.
Projects shall normally be for 3-years duration.
Components of the Grant:
It is expected that participating Indian institutes themselves make provision for the use of required equipment. However, realistic budget for manpower, consumables, travel expenses (for exchange visits) etc. may be proposed under the project. Researchers are also encouraged to explore part contribution from industries in case of applied research.
Joint research projects in the prescribed format (Annexure I) duly forwarded by the respective Heads of the Institutes are to be submitted simultaneously, by the Indian Project Investigator to the Department of Science and Technology, India, and by the Czech Project Investigator to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic (MEYS).
Proposals must be submitted to both organisations in parallel in accordance with the proposal preparation requirements of each side, respectively. Proposals missing to fulfil all formal requirements shall be rejected. Unilaterally submitted projects shall not be considered. The project proposal must include one Principal Investigator (PI) and a Co-PI each in India and Czech. The PIs/Co-PIs would have the main responsibility for scientific and financial reporting which must be done annually before the next disbursement of funding. They will also be responsible for the technical as well as administrative co-ordination of the project. The project duration would be of 3 years.
Indian applicants must submit online proposals to DST through the e-application system provided at www.onlinedst.gov.in on or before closing dates with copy to sharma.jyoti(at)nic.in. To avoid last minute load on the system, applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance. Please note email queries regarding this call would be entertained till July 22, 2019.
Indian PIs are also required to submit 03 hard copies (including 1 original) along with a softcopy in a single pdf file (not scanned) to undersigned before or on July 31, 2019:
Dr. Jyoti Sharma
International Bilateral Cooperation Division
Department of Science and Technology
Ministry of Science and Technology
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016
E. Mail: sharma.jyoti(at)nic.in
– Announcement of the competition: March 15, 2019
– Closing date to receive Joint Projects: July 31, 2019
– Indicative evaluation period: November 30, 2019
– Indicative deadline for financing decision by the Joint Committee: December 15, 2019
– Launch of Projects: January 2020
For more details refer
Information Document – Visit
Other Fellowships In India
NSDL e-Gov Scholarship Scheme for Cyber Security Course
The FICA Inlaks Goldsmiths Scholarship 2017-2018 For Indian Students
University of Kent – The GREAT Scholarship For Indian Students
Australia Awards – Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships For Indian Students