NSDL e-Gov Scholarship Scheme for Cyber Security Course
About SpicyIP Fellowship 2019-20
Have an interest in IP law? Love legal research and writing? Look no further! Apply immediately to become a SpicyIP Fellow!
Year after year, our fellowship series has attracted some of the brightest minds to the world of IP. We are now pleased to announce the 7th edition of the SpicyIP Fellowship for 2019-20.
For those of you who are new to the blog, the SpicyIP Fellowship is a coveted position for those seeking to make a mark in the world of IP. Warning though: it entails a high level of rigour in research and writing! Though great fun as well, given the range of topics covered and the freedom you enjoy in creatively crafting your take on various IP cases and developments.
We are now looking for a fresh set of sharp, passionate and dedicated fellows who can help us grow even spicier this year. Apart from the sheer joy of writing, the selected Fellows will earn a stipend of approximately Rs. 45,000 a year (Rs. 1,000 per post).
SpicyIP’s avowed aim is to produce a more transparent, collaborative and productive IP and innovation ecosystem in India. We’ve been working very hard towards achieving this for the last thirteen years. We say so, albeit with modesty: our efforts have not gone unnoticed. We have consistently been ranked among the top IP blogs in the world. Some of our achievements can be viewed here.
We now boast a subscriber base of over 6,500 and receive an average of 1,60,000 views per month. Our blog stats too show the growth we’ve had over the years, thanks in great part to our readers who keep us on our toes with their rigorous critique of our posts.
Anybody is welcome to apply. Sex no bar, age no bar, caste no bar, ideology no bar. So long as you are committed to the craft of writing, and possess a keen mind willing to learn and an attitude open to experimenting with fun formats and themes, this is the place for you!
1. Interested candidates are required to submit the following to email@example.com with a cc to contact(at)spicyip.com with “Application for 7th SpicyIP Fellowship” in the subject line (Important: If “Application for 7th SpicyIP Fellowship” is not mentioned in the subject line, the e-mail may be missed) by July 15, 2019:
* At least two (2) blog posts;
* CV (not exceeding 2 pages); and
* A statement (not exceeding 1000 words) as to why the applicant thinks he/she would be a good fit for the blog.
2. The posts must be relevant to the Indian IP landscape even if not directly about an Indian development. If you’re not sure whether your topic will be suitable, you may check with us at pankhuri(at)spicyip.com with “Fellowship Topic Check” in the subject line.
3. All posts must be analytical and not merely descriptive. Posts that reflect on current IP developments will be preferred. Even historical IP related issues or posts that reflect on larger IP themes at a conceptual or macro level are welcome.
4. The word count of each post must be within the range of 900 to 1200 words.
5. Fellows will be selected based on the quality of the posts submitted to us during this four week period. If the two posts submitted by the applicant are not sufficient to make a determination of suitability for the fellowship, more posts may be required after mutual dialogue with the applicant.
6. The name of selected Fellows will be announced on the blog.
7. If the first post from an applicant is of sub-standard quality, further posts from him/her will not be considered, barring exceptional circumstances.
8. The posts that meet the editorial standards of the blog will be published as guest posts. However, if the topic has already been covered on the blog, then the post will not be published unless it introduces a new angle or dimension or perspective.
* Topical Relevance
* Research skills
* Grammar/Lucidity /Language skills
* Logical flow, coherence and structure
* Once selected, Fellows will be on a probationary period for the first two months of the Fellowship. The probationary period may be extended if more time is required to assess the performance of the Fellows.
* Fellows will be required to write a minimum of 4 posts per month for a period of 12 months. If notified in advance, this can be reduced to 2 posts during the months of internship (maximum twice a year) and exempted during the period of exams (maximum twice a year).
* These posts can be on either the Fellows’ own preferred topics so long as they fit within our broader mission statement, or ones chosen from a pool of topics open to all members of the team.
* Each post must be of a minimum of 900 words and preferably under 1200 words (unless the situation otherwise warrants).
* Apart from the posts, the Fellows may be required to assist in research. Depending on the load of research, posting requirements may be adjusted accordingly.
* The expected tenure of Fellowship will be from August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020.
* Once the probationary period is over and the fellowship is confirmed, the Fellow will be paid a stipend (approximately Rs. 1,000 per post). If we receive more donor funding, we will enhance this stipendiary amount.
* If the Fellow does not diligently fulfill his/her obligations as set out above or is otherwise deemed unfit for the blog during the probationary period, we will not confirm the fellowship.
* After confirmation of the fellowship, if a Fellow is found to not diligently fulfill his/her obligations at any time during the fellowship period, we reserve the right to terminate the fellowship at any point in time.
* If the fellowship is so terminated, the Fellow will receive no more stipend than what they have already received up to that point.
If there are any queries in relation to the Fellowship, please drop us an e-mail at pankhuri(at)spicyip.com. We look forward to receiving your applications!
For more details please refer the Official Website
Other Fellowships In India
NSDL e-Gov Scholarship Scheme for Cyber Security Course
The FICA Inlaks Goldsmiths Scholarship 2017-2018 For Indian Students
University of Kent – The GREAT Scholarship For Indian Students
Australia Awards – Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships For Indian Students