IISERs Berhampur BS# and BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2020
IISERs Berhampur BS# and BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2020
About the IISER
The Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in science. This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students. In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
Important : Click here for 2020 admission cut-off marks.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION FOR IISER ADMISSION 2020:
- The candidate must have marks within the category-wise cut-off as shown in the table above for their respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for being eligible to get admission to IISERs. Additionally, for admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates who have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
- For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in any subject (for whatsoever reason) in 2020, the better of two performances will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- In case any of the subjects Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Language are not evaluated in the final year (e.g., in a 3-year diploma course), then the marks for the same subject from the previous year(s) will be used for calculating the percentage of aggregate marks.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade -sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it before the deadline of the mark-sheet submission. In case such a certificate is not provided by the Board, meeting minimum eligibility criteria will be assessed as follows: If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (for example, 4 points or 8 points scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS. Finally, the marks will be linearly scaled out of 500. (Here PS stands for Point scale used by the Board).
- If a Board does not give marks/grades scored in individual subjects but gives only the aggregate marks/grades, then the aggregate marks/grades given by the Board will be considered as such (linearly scaled out of 500 if the total marks are not out of 500).
- Candidates from any board other than the ones listed in the above table (of State and Central Boards) can apply only through JEE-Advanced and KVPY channels provided that they also satisfy the eligibility criteria as specified by JEE-Advanced or KVPY, as the case may be. Such candidates should either bring a certificate from their respective board that they are within top 20 percentile of their board or else cut-off scores for CBSE board will be applied for them. Additionally, for admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates who have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
METHODOLOGY TO CALCULATE MARKS (OUT OF 500) IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION:
In subjects (such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology) where marks are awarded for theory exam and the practical exam separately, mean of scores of theory exam and the practical exam should be taken. Then, if marks awarded in a subject (in class XII or equivalent) are NOT out of 100, then the marks should be linearly scaled (up or down) to 100. Then, the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the cut-off marks for fulfilling the eligibility criterion so that the total aggregate marks are out of 500:
- Biology or Mathematics
- One language (if the candidate has taken more than one language course, then the language course with the highest marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the ones used in the above four (the subject with highest marks will be considered)
After considering four subjects as mentioned in points (i) to (iv), one must consider the subject with the highest marks among all remaining subjects in his/her mark-sheet/grade-sheet. Please note that the subject for point (v) could also be a language course or Mathematics or Biology, provided that it is not being considered in any of the points (i) to (iv), and such that it is the subject with highest marks among all remaining subjects in the mark-sheet/grade-sheet.
Clarification on the calculation of cut-off marks (out of 500) for class 10+2 examination of Board of Intermediate Education (Andhra Pradesh). See here
BS# and BS-MS Dual Degree Program
- Five-year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences, engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
- Programmes offered in
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Data Science
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences#
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)#
- Geological Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
# Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching and cutting-edge research
- Exposure and access to world-class research facilities right from the start of the program
- Research internships and year-long research projects leading to MS thesis with opportunities for interdisciplinary research
Last date for receiving online SCB application: June 10, 2020.
For more details refer the Official Website : https://pessat.com/