Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships – Research Students
Last Date : 09.07.2020
Located in Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh, NIT Hamirpur enjoys a really scenic environment and pleasant weather. Established in the year 1986, as REC Hamirpur, NIT Hamirpur has been declared as the Institute of National Importance under the Act of Parliament, 2007. At present, NIT Hamirpur offers four years B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics &Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering, and a five years B.Arch. degree. The Institute has also introduced five years Dual Degree leading to Bachelor and Master of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. From the Academic Year 2020-21, the Institute shall also admit candidates in two new B.Tech. programmes namely Engineering Physics, and Mathematics &
Computing. The Institute also offers M.Tech./M.Arch./MSc/MBA programmes with various specializations.
The Department of Management Studies aims to train and develop managerial thoughts beyond technic al competence and making the young minds manage resources optimally so as to meet global market demands. The Department further focuses on producing managers with capability to apply management know-how to conventional and non-conventional problems of management. It implies a commitment to focus management knowledge, skills, and technologies for the betterment of society. The diversity of the curricula offered through the Department provides the students with the foundation skills that can be used not only in the classroom, but to master challenges in globalized dynamic and competitive markets. This is done through a plethora of channels including lectures, talks, case studies, research projects, group discussion, workshops, seminars, etc. Faculty members possess a blend of
academic and professional experience which facilitates disseminating of knowledge to the students through both classroom sessions and independent student activities. The course structure is designed to impart knowledge of the core manageme nt concepts and techniques in the first year and further upgraded to advance knowledge and practicing skills in the area of specialization opted for by the student in the second year. Besides, the Department also offers doctoral programme and has the state-of-the-art infrastructure. This Admission Notice is to invite applications for two years full time MBAprogramme for the academic year 2020-21.
The vision of the Department is to prepare ethical leaders, to polish the skill of students and make the best of their potential, so that they are not only committed to their organization, but make their contribution in the nation building through flexible, value-based education driven by high impact factor research.
To create quality human capital for the industries, who can lead ethically and contribute for sustainable development of the society.
To achieve excellence in management education, research and training through innovation and strong conviction .
To develop inquisitive and cognitive mindset of students to have better outlook towards both professional and personal life.
The offered programme is of four semesters duration spread over a period of two years. The programme offers core courses, elective courses, projects and summer internship at the end of first year. The Department offers dual specialization with both as major specializations. The programme may be offered in following four specializations:
1. Human Resource Management
2. Marketing Management
3. Operations Management
4. Financial Management
However, the specializations will be offered to the students based on the availability of the faculty of the specific specialization.
For admission in MBA programme, the applicant must have CGPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 60% marks in case of Open/EWS/OBC-NCL candidates in the qualifying degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline of minimum three years duration). Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates, a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10-Point scale (or equivalent) or 55% marks in qualifying degree shall be applicable. Candidates who have appeared or are about to appear in final examination of their qualifying degree programme and have completed all other formalities for award of their BachelorDegree are eligible to applysubject to production of their final degree/certificate by 15.09.2020.
To participate in the selection process, apart from fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria as detailed above, the applicant should have test percentile/NTA Score (minimum 25) obtained in any of the national level management admission tests# as per the following table
Test Percentile/NTA Score (minimum 25)
#Test percentile/NTA Score of any year in the above tests will be considered. If a candidate has appeared in multiple tests, only one of the above mentioned tests will be considered. The candidate is advised to mention the test where he/she thinks will score maximum as per criteria of selection given in section 6.
The applicants have to apply online through the link admissions.nith.ac.in. No other means of application shall be allowed. A candidate has to first register with valid email Id and mobile number.
Application fee of Rs. 1200 for Open/EWS/OBC and Rs. 600 for SC/ST is to be paid online through SBI Collect (https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect) as per the procedure mentioned (Refer to “Guidelines for Payment of MBA
Application Fee through SBI Collect” in the Annexure).
After registration and payment of the fee, login on the portal and fill the online application form. Before starting the online filling process, the candidates must have soft copy of recent passport size photograph and scanned copy of signature (both in JPEG format).
The applicant shall have to take the print of the filled in online form and paste his/her passport size photograph on it, put in signature in the space provided and upload its scanned copy along with other documents (mentioned in Section 7) through Google Form (link provided on the admission portal) on or before the last date (please refer to schedule in Section 9).
The candidate should solemnly and sincerely affirm that the statement made and information furnished by him/her in the application form is true and correct and no information has been concealed. However, if later on (during physical reporting or thereafter) any information or document furnished is found to be fraudulent, incorrect or untrue, he/she would be liable to appropriate action and his/her admission shall stand automatically cancelled and no claim for refund of the fee already paid shall be entertained.
Selection will be based on weightage assigned to national level tests (CAT/CMAT/MAT) and candidate’s test percentile/NTA score in these tests. National level tests carry different weights and shall be used for computing final score of candidates as per the following tables:
Nationa Level Test : – Weightage (Out of 25 marks)
Weightage Assigned to National Level Test : – 25 Marks
Weightage Assigned to Percentile/NTA Score : – 25 Marks
Total : – 50 Marks
The candidates are required to upload scanned copies of the following documents through Google Form (a single PDF document is to be prepared by enclosing documents strictly in the following specified order). They are also required to produce all the documents in original at the time of physical reporting and registration in the Department.
1. Application Form Generated Through Online Submission
2. Photo ID Proof as per Government of India Norms
3. CAT/CMAT/MAT Score Card
4. Mark Sheet/Certificate of Class X (High School)
5. Mark Sheet of Class XII (Intermediate)
6. Grade/Mark Sheets of Qualifying Degree for All Semesters/Years
7. Bachelor Degree/Provisional Certificate
8. Course Completion Certificate (in case the Degree is not awarded)
9. Proof of Payment of Processing Fee (deposited through SBI Collect)
10. Valid Category Certificate (OBC/SC/ST) [OBC-NCL Certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2020]
11. Undertaking in Required Format (for OBC-NCL Candidates Only)
12. Certificate of Persons with Disability (for PwD Candidates Only)
13. Income and Asset Certificate Issued by Competent Authority (for EWS Candidates Only) [EWS Certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2020
In addition to the above documents/certificates, the selected c andidate shall also be required to submit the following documents/certificates at the time of physical reporting and registration:
14. Four Number of Colored Photographs
15. Migration Certificate (Original)
16. Conduct/Character Certificate from Head of Institution Last Attended
17. Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Officer, NIT Hamirpur Health Centre or any Government Civil Hospital
18. An Undertaking by the Student -Institutional (Original)
i. Affidavit (on stamp paper of Rs.10 denomination) for giving reason for study gap (if any) duly signed by Oath
Commissioner/ Notary Public/Executive Magistrate (Original)
ii. An Affidavit by the Student [Anti-ragging Measures at http://www.antiragging.in/] (Original)
iii. An Affidavit by Parent/Guardian [Anti-ragging Measures at http://www.antiragging.in/] (Original)
Note: The hostellers have to produce two sets of above affidavits (ii & iii), out of which one will be submitted to the Hostel Authorities
The detailed fee structure is available on the Institute website. Once the candidate has accepted the admission offer by paying the requisite fee, thereafter he/she will be governed by Institute refund policy. If a student is removed or he/she withdraws/leaves the Institute after admission without completing the entire programme, all fee paid including the security deposit will be forfeited by the Institute.
Start of online application process 16.06.2020
Closing date of online application 15.07.2020 (5:00 PM)
Last date of uploading scanned copy of application along with other documents
through Google Form 19.07.2020 (5:00 PM)
Declaration of first selection list and issue of Admission Letters@ 27.07.2020
Fee deposit by selected candidates 04.08.2020
Physical Reporting, Document Verification and Registration in the Institute – As per Schedule Mentioned in Academic Calendar @In case some seats remain vacant, next candidates may be offered admission in the order of merit. However, no admission shall be done after the date of registration/reporting as mentioned in Institute Academic Calendar for MBA candidates.
The reservations will be as per the reservation policy of the Government of India notified from time to time.
1. All declarations/results will be displayed on Institute website (http://www.nith.ac.in/) only. No separate letter will be sent.
2. Selected candidate, who has completed all the pre-requisite examinations, but is unable to produce the certificate in proof of having passed and secured the minimum specified qualifying marks/grade, may be considered for provisional admission. However, if admitted provisionally, he/she has to produce all the required documents/certificates by 15.09.2020, failing which the admission shall stand automatically cancelled and no claim for refund of the fee already paid shall be entertained.
3. All dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change at any stage by the competent authority.
4. All the candidates interested in seeking admission are advised to visit the Institute website (http://www.nith.ac.in/) regularly for updates.
5. All MBAadmitted candidates at NIT Hamirpur will be governed by the rules and regulations decided by the competent authority from time to time.
6. All matters of dispute will be subjected to legal jurisdiction of the courts at Hamirpur/Shimla only
1. Go to www.onlinesbi.com and select option State Bank Collect
2. Accept terms & conditions and Proceed further
3. Select State of Corporate/Institute: Himachal Pradesh and Type of Corporate/Institute: Educational Institute
4. Select Educational Institute Name: NIT Hamirpur and click on Submit
5. Select Payment Gateway M.Tech./M.Arch./MBA/M.Sc.(1st Sem. Only) New and fill the details to proceed further
For more details refer the Official Website : https://admissions.nith.ac.in/
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships – Research Students
Last Date : 09.07.2020
Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
Last date : 10.07.2020
Gurukripa Scholarship Cum Admission Test GSAT
Last Date : 11.07.2020
APG Shimla University All India Entrance Cum Scholarship Test
Last date : 12.07.2020