A*STAR Youth Scholarship 2018
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education 'Advanced' (GCE 'A') Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
* Nationals of India
* Born between 2001 and 2003
* Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2017
* Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum 'A' with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
* Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
Activity - Date
Application Period : 12 June 2017 to 16 July 2017
Selection Test : End August 2017
Selection Interview: September or October 2017
Award of Scholarship : Mid to late November 2017
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore : Late December 2017
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
TEST AND INTERVIEW CITY : Delhi
* Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
* Settling-in allowance
* Return economy class air passage
* Coverage of miscellaneous and school fees
* Coverage of GCE 'O' Level and 'A' Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
* Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applicants are to apply online using the online application system. Each applicant should submit only ONE application only. If you encounter difficulties during your online application, you may contact Customer Service Centre at +65 6872 2220.
Please follow the application steps:
Submit your application via our online application system.
All applicants are to send certified / endorsed copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education. The documents should arrive before the closing date (16 July 2017):
* Birth Certificate;
* Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
* Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standards 7 and 8 final examinations)
A*STAR Youth Scholarship / ( Indicate online application number for online applicants)
c/o Student Placement & Services Division
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Attn - Mr Ng Eng Joo
Original documents that are not in English must be translated to English. The translated documents must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send in any original documents as they will not be returned. There will be no acknowledgement of receipt of documents.
Applications without the complete set of documentation as listed in Step 2 will be disqualified.
For more details please refer the Website : https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/scholarships/astar - A*STAR Youth Scholarship
A*STAR Youth Scholarship 2018