EARTHQUAKE RISK EVALUATION CENTRE
Mausam Bhavan , Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110 003 Advertisement No.: EREC/01/2004
Earthquake Risk Evaluation Centre has recently been set up in India Meteorological Department(IMD), under the Department of Science and Technology, GOvernment of India, to provide a purposive turning point to guide national endeavor in mitigating the disastrous impacts of earthquake and undertake/promote, specific task related to earthquake risk evaluation.
Applications are invited forthe following temporary positions to be filled on deputation or contract basis to provide a fillip to the centre's programs.
1. Visiting Fellows
2. Research Associates
Nature of Appointment :
a) Visiting Fellow : On deputation / Shortterm contract
b) Research Associates : Temporary post
a. Visiting Fellows : Rs.16400-20000 + other allowances as per Central Govt. norms applicable in Delhi for serving candidates in Govt. organizations/ Autonomous Institutions. The selection committee may further consider granting extra increments to well qualified candidates up to five increments.
For non-departmental and non-serving candidates, a fixed amount of Rs.25,000/- p.m., permissible house rent and transport allowances as admissible according to Government of India norms may be paid.
b. Research Associates: Fixed Rs.15000/- p.m+ Permissible House ent Allowance.
Period of Deputation / appointment : Two years, In exceptional cases the period of deputation / contract may be extended further as per requirements of the project and performance of the fellows and Research Associates.
Qualifications and experience
A. Visiting Fellows : ( One post in each discipline)
a. Geology :
1. Ph.D in the field of Geology from a recognized university.
2. At least 15 years working experience
i. in the field of Applied/Earthquake Geology
ii. Experience in micro earthquake surveys
iii. Experience of establishing Seismological observatories and Network
iv. Experience in Coordinating Seismic Hazard and Risk Microzonation studies.
3. Good communication skills specially to coordinate earthquake awareness programs and Mass media projections.
4. Experience in writing/publications in vernacular would be preferred.
5. Published research work of high standard
6. Holding post in the similar scale or with two years service in the pay scale of 14300-18300 or with 4 years service i the pay scale of Rs.12000-16500.
b. Engineering Seismology :
1. M.Sc., M.Tech Degree in Earthquake Engineering.
2. At least 15 years experience in relevant field such as
i. Building venerability studies.
ii. Experience in coordination building venerability analysis.
iii. Design and development of building codes for earthquake resistant buildings
iv. Preparation of users materials for earthquake resistant building construction
3. Experience in seismic hazard and Risk studies will be prefered
4. Published research work of high standard.
5. Holding post in the similar scale or with two years service in the pay scale of 14300-18300 or with 4 years service in the pay scale of Rs.12000-16500
c. Geotechnical / Structural Engineering :
1. Postgraduate degree in the field of Building Science and Technology / Structural Engineering / Construction Technology / Civil Engineering with specialization in the building design and construction technology.
2. At least 15 year experience in different related fields such as
i. Ceo-technical data generation,interpretation and implementation in building Technology.
ii. Knowledge of building codes / engineering practices.
3. Experience in the field of Seismology, and coordinating seismic hazard and risk studies will be preferred.
4. Published research work of high standard
5. Holding post in the similar scale or with two years service in the pay scale of Rs.14300-18300 or with 4 years service in the pay scale of Rs.12000-16500
d. Computer Science
1. Bachelor degree in computer science/postgraduate in physics with electronics as special paper or equivalent.
2. At least 15 years experience in computer application such as i. Computer Communication and Networking.
ii. Web based, database management.
iii. Computer maintenance and software development.
iv. Working knowledge of GIS will be preferred.
3. Good quality Published research work
4. Holding post in the similar scale or with two years service in the pay scale of Rs.14300-18300 or with 4 years service in the pay scale of Rs.12000-16500
Note : Qualifications are relaxable in the case of otherwise well qualified candidates.
B. Research Associates ( Two posts in each discipline)
1. Geophysics : Ph.D degree in Geophysics / Mathematics / Physics / Seismology with post graduation in Geophysics. Candidates having one to two years working experience in the relevant field will be preferred.
2. Geology : Ph.D degree in Geology. Candidates having one to two years working experience in the relevant field will be preferred.
3. Computer Science : M.E. / M.Tech / M.C.A. incomputer Science / Electronics. Candidates having one to two years working experience in the relevant field will b preferred.
4. Structural engineering : M.E. / M.Tech in Civil / Geotechnical / Structural engineering. Candidates having working experience of one to two years in relevant field and GIS software will be preferred.
Application of the candidates who want to apply on deputation basis,may be forwarded through proper channel. The applications on plain paper with all supporting documents may reach latest by 30 th July 2004 to the undersigned.
(R.C.Lilani) Assistant Meteorologist Gr.I
EARTHQUAKE RISK EVALUATION CENTREEARTHQUAKE RISK EVALUATION CENTRE