Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Guideline of the Application for Foreign Students' Scholarship in 2017 Outline of Scholarship
1. This scholarship is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university.
2. The payment of the scholarship money will be issued starting from April, 2017.
3. The scholarship recipients are under no obligation to repay the amount they receive from our Foundation.
4. The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree. The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose the option (1), (2) or (3) as below.
(1) Japanese yen 200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) Japanese yen 180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) Japanese yen 150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
* An extension will not be given on the pre-determined scholarship period nor would the student be allowed to change his or her courses after the scholarship period has commenced.
* Those whose enrollment period is shorter than one year are not eligible to apply.
5. Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc. will be provided to scholarship students following to our scholarship provision rules.
6. The student is not permitted to receive any other scholarship in conjunction with the scholarship offered by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation.
7. The student cannot gain employment other than part-time jobs related to his or her studies such as teaching assistants, research assistants, or related to international exchange affairs as translators or interpreters while receiving this scholarship
8. You need to come for an individual interview almost every month; we would like you to participate to events that we will hold.
9. After you graduated, you will be required to attend our alumni events.
Number of Scholarships Available : 15 to 20 students
(To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.)
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
3. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31,1981. Those enrolled in a Master's Program must have been born after March 31, 1986.
4. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
5. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
6. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
Application Deadline : Postmarked on/by October 31, 2016 is acceptable.
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Honjo International Scholarship
Honjo International Scholarship