Mexican Government Scholarship 2012
MEXICAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP-2012
LAST DATE: 05.09.2011
The Government of Mexico have offered 5 scholarships for Indian nationals for the year 2012 for studies at a Mexican University or any institution of higher education in Mexico. The scholarships would be available for studies in the following subject fields:
* Information Technology
* Electronics Engineering
If Spanish is not the applicant?s native language, proof of advanced knowledge of Spanish issued by a university or language learning center must be attached.
LEVEL OF STUDY: Post-graduate and Ph.D.
QUALIFICATION: Should have Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent with having a minimum cumulative grade average of 8 on a scale of 0-10, in relevant subject for Post-graduate studies. The candidate should have Post-graduate Degree with having a minimum cumulative grade average of 8 on a scale of 0-10 in relevant subject for Ph.D.
Receiving academic acceptance from the host Mexican institute. (A list of participating Mexican Institutions are given in the web site: www.sre.gob.mx/becas and http://becas.sre.gob.mx
Preference will be given by the Mexican Government to candidates that apply for graduate programs not available in their country.
* Academic excellence in the intended area of study
* The intended field of study in Mexico is related to the applicant?s academic and job history.
* The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant?s country.
* The applicant's prospects of rejoining the workforce in his/her country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
* Relationship of the course of study to specific current or approved projects, and their degree of impact on the development of the applicant?s country.
* The skills acquired will have a specific application.
* Enrollment and tuition in accordance with the provisions of each institution?s program.
* An allowance of:
* Four times the current minimum wage in the Federal District for specialty, master?s or master-level research and Spanish or Mexican culture studies. This amount is currently equivalent to $7,178.40 pesos.
* Five times the current minimum wage in the Federal District for Ph.D., doctoral research, postdoctoral stays, medical specialties and subspecialties, and expert and artist residencies. This amount is currently equivalent to $8,973.00 pesos.
* Medical insurance covered by Mexican Social Security Institution (IMSS), starting three months after the scholarship is initiated.
* Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution when the scholarship starts, and back to Mexico City upon completion of the scholarship.
All expenses not mentioned above will be paid by the scholarship holder, as well as the expenses arising from credit transfer acceptance, thesis printing, academic degree attainment requirements, and registration in the National Registry of Foreign Residents.
Application on plain paper (in prescribed format) along with photocopies of educational certificates (including proof of age) and other documents, with a copy of recent passport size photograph pasted on the application, should reach ?Section Officer, ES.5 Section, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block-1, Wing-6, 2nd Floor, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066? by 5.9.2011. Applications received after 5.9.2011 will not be entertained. Applications can also be submitted online at the Department website www.education.nic.in by 5.9.2011.
Mexican Government Scholarship 2012